Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Quote:
MOD Systems Signs Warner Brothers and Paramount Digital Entertainment

First Major U.S. Studio Content Agreements for Digital Download to SD Cards in Retail
http://www.businesswire.com/portal/s...78&newsLang=en

I would've posted in the Toshiba thread about SD cards but that was closed.

I'm very optimistic now, considering that we've seen a whole new wave of TVs and devices sporting codecs, internet connectivity right in the box and now this whole SD card delivery seems to be getting support from studios.

Now I know it's for SD content delivery but is it viable to say that HD content will be coming this way too? Panasonic just announced 64gb SD cards and new SDXC format for HD movies - promising up to 2 terabytes of data - http://www.techradar.com/news/portab...sd-card-499548

I have a question though, let's say we are starting to see this SD content. Is it possible to upscale to 1080p if it's digital? How does this work from regular DVDs? Is it any different? So the device would take any 480i or 480p footage and upscale it to 1080p via it's own upscaler?

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I do believe this belongs in the download forum or the sd dvd forums...nothing here about HDM.

Just a recycled Toshiba thread that was closed a few days ago.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpconvert /forum/post/15519085

I do believe this belongs in the download forum or the sd dvd forums...nothing here about HDM.

Just a recycled Toshiba thread that was closed a few days ago.

How is talking about high density SD cards that accept up to 2tb of storage and can hold 100 HD movies and movie studios signing up for this delivery method digital downloads and not HDM?
HD Media does not equal optical = get used to it.

Seriously, does every thread have to be attacked like this. This is all very relevant to HDTV software media and it has nothing to with Toshiba. If you have issues with topics like this then just avoid them. I asked specific question as well about something.

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Mod Sytems have only officially announced SD movies for their kiosks and as such this thread does not belong in the HDTV Software section of the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozster /forum/post/15518857

So the device would take any 480i or 480p footage and upscale it to 1080p via it's own upscaler?

Toshiba is planning to sell stand alone players that can play movies from Mod Systems kiosks but they have not yet released technical details about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozster /forum/post/15519225

How is talking about high density SD cards that accept up to 2tb of storage and can hold 100 HD movies and movie studios signing up for this delivery method digital downloads and not HDM?

Bozster, when did Mod Systems officially announce that they were going to use SDXC cards for their service? Also when did Mod Systems officially announce that they were going to release HD movies for their service? For instance would it make sense to have reviews of SD movies from this service in the HDTV Software section of the forum?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Paul /forum/post/15519303

Mod Sytems have only officially announced SD movies for their kiosks and as such this thread does not belong in the HDTV Software section of the forum.

Toshiba is planning to sell stand alone players that can play movies from Mod Systems kiosks but they have not yet released technical details about them.

Bozster, when did Mod Systems officially announce that they were going to use SDXC cards for their service? Also when did Mod Systems officially announce that they were going to release HD movies for their service? For instance would it make sense to have reviews of SD movies from this service in the HDTV Software section of the forum?

I'm discussing the new announcement where studios are starting to support SD cards (2 pretty big players as well WB and Paramount). Obviously since Mod Systems noted they will deliver later movies in HD (SD is just a start), Panasonic announcement for high density SD cards makes it pretty logical that it might be used in the future and why I have mentioned it. Also, 2tb capacity and 64gb SD cards are bigger then Blu-Ray disc so it's relevant to the whole story.

I also asked about technical aspects of upscaling footage in SD to HD and if it's possible to achieve the same thing as we do with players today and if there are limitations to do that.

I believe that this is all relevant. It's a discussion about future of HDM and what we are seeing being announced this CES. I'm not sure why we can't talk about it? What's the point of a forum but to discuss things that we hear about that will have some effect on HDM? I'm not sure I understand people being so against it.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozster /forum/post/15519225

HD Media does not equal optical = get used to it.

Seriously, does every thread have to be attacked like this. This is all very relevant to HDTV software media and it has nothing to with Toshiba. If you have issues with topics like this then just avoid them. I asked specific question as well about something.

Please tell me where I can download an HD movie from a Mod kiosk to the 16 gb sd card I have. I will then come back and discuss in this forum.

Right...this animal does not exist yet.

There is no protype kiosk...no announcements...there is nothing...still...yet...on the burner...

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpconvert /forum/post/15519389

Please tell me where I can download an HD movie from a Mod kiosk to the 16 gb sd card I have. I will then come back and discuss in this forum.

Right...this animal does not exist yet.

There is no protype kiosk...no announcements...there is nothing...still...yet...on the burner...

God forbid we talk about anything in the future, that's been announced.

·
Registered
6,850 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozster /forum/post/15519364

I'm discussing the new announcement where studios are starting to support SD cards (2 pretty big players as well WB and Paramount).

Okay, but this thread still doesn't belong in the HDTV Software section of the forum. Note that in the Mod Systems press release it even says the agreement made with the studios was for an "inventory of standard definition titles" so it was pretty clear on the matter.

Quote:

Obviously since Mod Systems noted they will deliver later movies in HD (SD is just a start),

Where is the official announcement from Mod Systems that states that?

Quote:

Panasonic announcement for high density SD cards makes it pretty logical that it might be used in the future and why I have mentioned it.

That is speculation.

Quote:

Also, 2tb capacity and 64gb SD cards are bigger then Blu-Ray disc so it's relevant to the whole story.

I don't see SDXC mentioned by Mod Systems in their press release so once again that is speculation.

Quote:

I'm not sure why we can't talk about it?

Of course you can post about it but that doesn't change the fact that this thread does not belong in this section of the forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.