AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in East Meadow, NY on Long Island.

Ever since Monday I seem to be having trouble tuning in WCBS-DT. I seem to be getting dropouts on the signal. I am getting it OTA. I am getting a strong 80-85 signal strength, but the signal continually seems to be dropping out. I usually get a strong steady signal from WCBS-DT. Is anyone else seeing the same thing ?

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
695 Posts
I get WCBS from Dish, so I haven't noticed your problem. However, there was an intense geomagnetic storm the started early evening last night and lasted into the night. I went out at 10:00pm and the sky was a bright red with green tint, and I live in East-Central PA. These storms have been known to disrupt power and OTA transmission. In fact, we had a brief power glitch here last night that I attribute to the storm.

This is just my theory. I didn't watch any OTA HD last night, so I can't say that I experienced any interference. (WCBS was a little slow on the button to switch to the HD feed at 8:00pm last night, though, and seemed to be a few seconds behind the national feed. Interesting white-noise swipes while switching from SD to HD)

·
Registered
425 Posts
I would consistently hear the audio click/pop or just dropout every 30 seconds or so here in Santa Monica. It seemed to only happen during parts with more intense sound.:confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.