AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had an antenna installed in my attic, and was able to get all of the local Cincinnati stations in DTV, with the exception of the ABC affiliate (WCPO). Multipath problems caused the signal strength to bounce between 70% and 0% on my Dish 6000. My installer was actually surprised with the inability to pick up WCPO, since in his experience he had the best luck getting that station over every other local station.

Lo and behold, last night I started getting WCPO-DT with an 80% strength, and no multipath problems. I couldn't be happier, but I'm curious as to why the sudden change.

WCPO did send me an email to the effect that they were going to be doing some fiddling with the transmitter this week, so I'm guessing this might be the reason. On the other hand, it was raining last night, so I suppose the multipath effects could've been attenuated last night. I haven't been home yet today to check if I'm still getting it, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Chiller,

I'm located in Xenia, OH and would like to ask you a few questions as I also receive my digital OTA reception from Cincinnati. I currently own the Sony HD-100 and I receive channel 5, 12, & 19 but not 9 even though I receive an UNLOCKED signal in the upper 80's (weird). My question is: 1.) What STB do you own? 2.) I have audio / video sync problems on all three received stations is this a problem with you?

Thanks for your response.

John

·
Registered
119 Posts
It looks like WCPO-DT 10 is finally back to full power. I'm showing an 83 signal level after three weeks of a very marginal 52. At least I know what signal level my DTC-100 starts to lose it at! I'm in Fairfield, in the river valley below bluff which prevents a direct signal path.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Jon:
Chiller,

I'm located in Xenia, OH and would like to ask you a few questions as I also receive my digital OTA reception from Cincinnati. I currently own the Sony HD-100 and I receive channel 5, 12, & 19 but not 9 even though I receive an UNLOCKED signal in the upper 80's (weird). My question is: 1.) What STB do you own? 2.) I have audio / video sync problems on all three received stations is this a problem with you?

Thanks for your response.

John
1) I own a Dish Network 6000 with 8VSB OTA module.

2) Comes and Goes - last week WLWT and WXIX had no audio, and I've noticed WXIX seems to go out of sync fairly often. Also, I had WKRC dumped from my channel lineup for some reason, requiring me to manually add the channel again. Now it maps to 31, and not 12, as it originally was.

Ain't early adoptin' fun???

[This message has been edited by Chiller (edited 06-25-2001).]

·
Registered
151 Posts
I live in central Kettering, OH (near Town & Country Shopping Center). Has anybody had any positive experiences picking up Cincinnati digital OTA stations in this area? If so, what kind of antenna was used?

Would the fact that I live within a couple of blocks of the WING radio tower complicate things?

Thanks.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Jon,

WCPO did make some transmitter adjustments again last week. I've never had a problem picking up WCPO-DT, but I am receiving a stronger signal than ever now. You might want to try another channel scan. I have a DTC-100 with a Terk TV50 OTA antenna mounted outdoors on my chimney.

Gindie,

You should be able to get all the Cincy stations with a decent antenna mounted high enough outdoors. I pick up all the Dayton stations except channel 2 with my piece-of-you-know-what Terk antenna.

·
Registered
110 Posts
BTW everyone, WCPO is by FAR the most responsive digital station in Cincy. Go to www.wcpo-dt.com to see their schedule and sign up for their newsletter. You'll be notified before any outages or changes, and they also carry most of the space shuttle launches and some other special programs. Now if ABC would just catch up to CBS, we'd be in great shape!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.