Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All -

The good news from Channel 5 is that it looks like we'll have the 5.1 audio ready to go for the Super Bowl! The equipment is installed, and all that's left is to run a few tests. I realize that we've had some audio problems, dropouts, and lip sync errors lately, and I can tell you that these were all related to the new gear being installed. Thanks for your patience - I believe that these items have now been resolved.

Now- I'd like to ask a favor of you...

On Tuesday, 1/27 from 4 to 5 PM, and on Wednesday 1/28 from 10 to 10:45 AM. We will downlink from CBS a series of test signals ( Color Bars and 5.1 Audio Tones ) to make sure that our 5.1 audio is working propely. We intend to air the test signals on our HD channel at these times, so that you can adjust your equipment for optimum performance.

I'd really like to hear from viewers using 5.1 receiving equipment, who can listen in for the test periods, and get back to me with a brief report. Indicate to us if you were able to decode the Dolby Digital bitstream, and that your 5.1 system was responding properly.

Simply send your report to our HDTV Email address - [email protected]

I want to make sure that everything goes well for Sunday's broadcast, and that you all enjoy the game.

Regards,

Mike Sheffer

WCSC TV

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.