AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the ones who missed the CC deal, OfficeMax has the Western Digital 120GB EIDE UltraATA/100 7200 rpm internal hard drive, model no. WD1200BBRTL, for $179.99 with free shipping
Drive Link

Use a $30 off $150 coupon

And a $50 mail-in rebate

and you get the drive for $99.99 + Tax

That is a great deal since the drive has the 3 year warranty

·
Registered
742 Posts
Are these fluid bearing. I saw the "Ultra Quiet" 120gb Fluid Bearing at Costco for about $150. Not sure if there was a rebate on that but I think not. $96 sounds good.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Item is currently unavailable at 3:56PM CST.

Cheers

·
Registered
251 Posts
Wow! That went fast. I ordered mine just before that and it went through. The item is currently on back order and says that it wont be delivered until next Friday.

Oh well. really looking forward to 'upgrading' my Showstopper.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by franc11s
Are these fluid bearing. I saw the "Ultra Quiet" 120gb Fluid Bearing at Costco for about $150. Not sure if there was a rebate on that but I think not. $96 sounds good.
The Costco's near me were selling Maxtor 120GB for $150, not WD.

Not sure if your Costco was selling different drives. Not that it matters

for ReplayTV, but these were not the P6Y3 versions (at least the

empty "for show" boxes weren't) The P6Y3 versions are 8MB drives

in a 2MB box.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I just upgraded my system with the WD 120 7200 RPM and didn't have any problems. The unit is a little noisier with the 7200 in there, but I have it in a place where it shouldn't matter. I also installed 2 small fans inside the case as well. After 3 hours of recording, the unit was still cool to the touch. The stock unit ran a lot hotter than the new drive. Of course I took out the EZBake and added the fans.

So far so good. 120 hours of recording now on my Showstopper. Too cool!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Elfman
I just upgraded my system with the WD 120 7200 RPM and didn't have any problems. The unit is a little noisier with the 7200 in there, but I have it in a place where it shouldn't matter. I also installed 2 small fans inside the case as well. After 3 hours of recording, the unit was still cool to the touch. The stock unit ran a lot hotter than the new drive. Of course I took out the EZBake and added the fans.

So far so good. 120 hours of recording now on my Showstopper. Too cool!
I read your other post about this. Good work! I have a 120GB 5400 RPM Maxtor upgrade in my Replay 2002 and it is amazing how much you can pack in there. It is equally amazing how fast 120 hours fills up when you start loading it up with movies from AMC and using higher quality modes for some of the special programs!

The gizmo needs to be cold rebooted about once a week or two, as it runs out of memory and has trouble bashing the new info from the nightly download. Also, the guide sometimes fills up with the "stubs" from old unwatched non-guaranteed shows that it erased to make room for new. This seems to be a big factor in my "out-of-memory" messages.

blabber :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.