AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
best bet would be price watch.com they will give you a number of prices and availability, and the site to go to. as i posted earlier, CC has the WD cavier 1200bbrtl 7200 for $179 right now. it is the tried and true upgrade hd. good luck!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Bought one at Circuit City last night in Bailey's Crossroads, VA last night if anyone is interested. There was one more left.

Happy hunting.

kgs

·
Banned
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by gawise
Anyone know where they can be purchased online?

Thanks!
Hey Greg:

Those 5400rpm drives seem hard to find these days. If you're willing to do 7200rpm (you'd probably want to do some type of heat compensating routine), check slickdeals.net. They show how you can get a 120GB, 7200 rpm wd drive for $100 from Officemax.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hay Greg,

I got a 120gig WD1200AB (which is the most desired drive) at

Circuit City in Beltsville, MD. They had two left at $130 ea.

...>>Sam

PS That was last Friday when I got it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought a WD1200AB at my local CC on Saturday afternoon. They had at least five more on the shelf. $129. I went in because the sales ad showed the WD1200BB for $199 with $110 in mail-in rebates. I was thinking $89 was a decent price ;) but when they called it up at checkout, it was only a $70 rebate, and they weren't going to do anything about the ad being wrong. So I had the choice of AB or BB at $129, and I took the easier route. I'd suggest calling every CC in your area and see what they have in stock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The slickdeals.net offer doesn't work. OfficeMax site said instore purchase only a few days ago, and it doesn't even come up as an option now. The rebate is still good, bringing it to $130.

I found one 1200AB at my local CC for the same price, picked it up yesterday. Like scanty said, I'd call a CC in your area, see if they will do a regional search for you, (saves you a little time on the phone).

·
Registered
278 Posts
Actually, if anyone else finds any good online deals on 120GB (or even 160GB drives - even if it will only recognize 137GB) please post them. I also missed the OfficeMax sale but appreciated the info.

I'm sure there are several of us who will update 'if the price is right'

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
I found a local Circuit City that had a couple of the 5400 rpm drives and bought two of them ($129 each). Well.. the bad news is that I got home and opened one of them and WD put a nice little blue slip in the box telling me that they gave a better drive 7200 rpm for the same price. Well that really sucks and sure as hell the drive in the 5400 box is a WD1200BB not a AB. So the packaging is very misleading. It's a helluva buy if your putting it in a computer. I'm going to contact WD and raise hell!!! plus look for a very slim HD cooling fan????

·
Registered
524 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tw45
I found a local Circuit City that had a couple of the 5400 rpm drives and bought two of them ($129 each). Well.. the bad news is that I got home and opened one of them and WD put a nice little blue slip in the box telling me that they gave a better drive 7200 rpm for the same price. Well that really sucks and sure as hell the drive in the 5400 box is a WD1200BB not a AB. So the packaging is very misleading. It's a helluva buy if your putting it in a computer. I'm going to contact WD and raise hell!!! plus look for a very slim HD cooling fan????
It works great .. and a real bargain at that :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.