AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Circuit City has this offer as well. It looks like the 1200BB is going away...

later....

Sorry, the CC offer is gone. But I'd bet you'll see the 1200BB for $70 in coming weeks. You may want to ensure you ARE getting a 1200BB, as some of the packages have been "upgraded" to the 1200JLB drive.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Hi,

In recent posts the WD1200JB drive seems to be supporting ATA Security more readily now...

Previous "versions" of the JB included OEM versions that didn't support security. If LBA # ended in 000 security wasn't included... Other WD 120gb drives with an LBA# ending with 1648 tend to support security.

If you buy one check the LBA and/or check security using Drive Fitness Test... CC is suppose to have a "no questions" return policy. (check before you buy though)...

Later,

David T.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I purchase my western digital 120 gig today at office max for 69.99 after rebate...it is 7200 and will it work with the utv? or do you need 5400? 5400 is much cheaper I am sure.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I also was wondering if anyone has tested this HD. I have the Western Digital 120GB Hard Drive, w/ 2 meg cache, model # WD1200BBRTL...got it from OfficeMAX for 40$ after rebates + (30$ off 150$ purchase) coupon...

·
Registered
266 Posts
I just purchase the WD1200BBRTL from Office Max today. I got there early and there were lot's of people buying this drive.

I upgraded my UTV late this afternoon w/o any real problems. I just followed the upgrade instructions and all went smoothly. The only problems I ran into were needing to get my local channels turned back on (which took about 10 minutes on the phone with DirecTV) and losing my 3.7 upgrade.

Besides waiting for another 3.7 upgrade all I've got to do now is go through and set up all of my recordings again.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I called my Office Max this morning, they were sold out. But it turns out Best Buy has the same deal now, I was able to get one there. $150 and an $80 rebate.

Matt

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bigrig
I called my Office Max this morning, they were sold out. But it turns out Best Buy has the same deal now, I was able to get one there. $150 and an $80 rebate.

Matt
Was this a pricematch at BB? My local BB has the WD120 for $199 -$20 instant savings - $50 MIR -$10 MIR for a final total of $119.

BTW, I stopped at OfficeMax at 3pm sunday and they were already sold out as well.

Personally, I think I am going to skip all this pricematching and mail in rebate crap and just buy one from newegg for $114 + free shipping.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Nah, this wasn't a price match, they had the price posted there.

There's two versions of the WD 120, the new one (I think) with an 8 MB buffer, and the older version with a 2MB buffer.

The new one is $180 with a $60 rebate, and the older one is $150/$80.

Matt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.