AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EDIT 10/13 - This deal is long dead. If you ordered this drive from Dell on 9/25/03 or 9/26/03 the new $200 rebate form is now online, check my post at the end of the thread for the link

------------------------------------------------------------------------

No nanny-pannies in this thread please. Both rebates are valid and both will work. The only thing that could go wrong is Dell either delaying or cancelling orders.

If you're going to whine about rebates please go to another thread

1) Go to dell.com

2) Search for A0080840

3) Add it to your cart and checkout, shipping is free. You'll be at $222 out the door (unless you live in Texas)

4) Print out both rebate forms

5) One requires the orginal UPC, the other the original capacity label

If you get Small Business coupons from Dell via e-mail check and see if you received a one-time use 20% off coupon recently. If so apply it at checkout for futher savings.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by lizard_boy
No nanny-pannies in this thread please. Both rebates are valid and both will work. The only thing that could go wrong is Dell either delaying or cancelling orders.

If you're going to whine about rebates please go to another thread

1) Go to dell.com

2) Search for A0080840

3) Add it to your cart and checkout, shipping is free. You'll be at $222 out the door (unless you live in Texas)

4) Print out both rebate forms

5) One requires the orginal UPC, the other the original capacity label

If you get Small Business coupons from Dell via e-mail check and see if you received a one-time use 20% off coupon recently. If so apply it at checkout for futher savings.

Enjoy.
Great Deal! I ordered one. But one of the rebates ends September 27 so you have to order today or tommorow to get the 2 rebates. Unless they extend it.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
This is an insane price (Crazy Eddie's anyone?). OK.. I'll say it here so I can read my own words: I don't need this hard drive.

I don't need this hard drive.

I must have this hard drive.

I must have this hard drive.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Reading the rebate details it looks like both rebates want the original WD capacity label from the product package.

----Edited---

Looking closer, the details from both rebates on Dell's website say they need the "original WD capacity label" (on the popup HTML windows), but the actual PDF rebate form for the 9/1-10/10 rebate does say "original WD capacity label or UPC".

-------------

I've had problems with Norton by sending two rebates in one envelope, and heard others have had rebate problems by sending two in one.

Haven't heard anything about Dell's/WD two rebate deal though.

I do need to check up on my last Frys'/WD $120 rebate for a 200 gig, still pending...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sonomatom
Reading the rebate details it looks like both rebates want the original WD capacity label from the product package.

I've had problems with Norton by sending two rebates in one envelope, and heard others have had rebate problems by sending two in one.

Haven't heard anything about Dell's/WD two rebate deal though.

I do need to check up on my last Frys'/WD $120 rebate for a 200 gig...
Look closely.... one rebate needs the capacity label or UPC and the other rebate needs the capacity label only.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just to be clear:

The 9/1 - 9/27 Rebate needs "The original WD capacity label"

The 9/1 - 10/10 Rebate needs "The original WD capacity label or UPC"

These are from the actual PDF rebate forms.

The website's "Rebate details" linked pages for each rebate only state "the original WD capacity label", one of those webpages are probably in error.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I went to check this out, and the terms specify that the request must be postmarked within 30 days of the date of purchase. Does this mean that a delay in shipping from Dell could result in both rebates becoming void?

Dell claims same-day availability on the drive. Anyone here have a sense of their track record in being accurate with those kinds of estimates?

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Replayed.... Does anyone have a sense of Dell's track record in being accurate regarding their stock and shipping?

Hmm... Dell is just possibly the most sophisticated logistical operator in the world today, whose ability to maintain ultra slim inventory, and fulfill and ship customer orders accurately in only a matter of hours has transformed the computer and consumer electronics industry.

So yeah... I've got some sense of their track record.

Let's just say this ain't Circuit City we're dealing with here. Fret not.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by worldofaaron
.11/mB is just too good to pass up!

I bit :D
Not a chance. Over on Anandtech someone called up and spoke with a WD rep who assured him that there was no way the two $100 rebates would both be granted for a single purchase. They both clearly state one per household. Unless you're tricky enough to have them both done with different addresses (rebate fraud, BTW) you'll have to settle for ~$122 which brings it up to $0.61/MB.

Still not bad for a WD SE drive, but I think everyone should at least prepare themselves for the ~$122 price, and be pleasantly surprised if both are accepted.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
If only one rebate is honored then Dell will give me my money back... It's that simple.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I must be blind. I do not see any coupon offers other than the $31.00 they apply automatically.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by plyons10
If only one rebate is honored then Dell will give me my money back... It's that simple.
*ding ding ding*

keep good paperwork & dell will pay you if the rebates get denied...the csr's always say crap like this...they have no idea what they're talking about...these are 2 different rebates with 2 different requirements

·
Registered
22 Posts
Actually, I don't think this is accurate, because I was about to buy one, but then read the rebate details, which state the following:

(1) on the first rebate form for a 200 GB driver, "submit the completed WD rebate request form along with the original WD capacity label from the product package and a copy of your purchase receipt"; and,

(2) on the second rebate form for a 200 or 250 GB drive, "submit the completed WD rebate request form along with the original WD capacity label from the product package and a copy of your purchase receipt."

·
Registered
568 Posts
I just called Dell Customer Service. Walked the rep through the website to show him the drive and the rebates. Asked him is the price legit.... he put me on hold for 20 minutes, coming back every 5 minutes or so to tell me he's still there....

Bottom line from him: it's a web site mistake that will not be honored.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Well, if it's a mistake, it's still up on the site. I'm printing a copy of the page & saving just in case.

1 - 20 of 181 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.