AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to start by saying hello to everyone in the community.

Now the scenario/question for those with more knowledge then me on this which should be most. I recently purchased a Mitsubishi WD-60C10 DLP tv and wanted to know if the setup in trying to make will provide me with the best 3D experience both games and movies.

I have my PS3 with latest firmware and I'm buying the 3DC-1000 kit and a separate SSG-2200AR since I'd like a personal rechargeable pair for myself and let guest use the other two that come with kit. now here's the question... is there any special tweaking required from my ps3 display settings like RGB and such and also since I read HDMI 1.3 sacrifices audio for 3D can I use an optical cable to output audio for a HD lossless quality? And last question is I read that when turning on the 3D on the tv u need to have a different setting in colors then in 2D is there a special calibration for that which i will have to do?

I hope that the setup I'm trying to build is good but if there is a better alternative to my setup please let me know I'm open to all opinions and since I haven't bought the kit and ssg there's still time for changes. Thank you in advanced and hope to see you guys more often.

·
Registered
5,965 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelAce /forum/post/19586570

I would like to start by saying hello to everyone in the community.

Now the scenario/question for those with more knowledge then me on this which should be most. I recently purchased a Mitsubishi WD-60C10 DLP tv and wanted to know if the setup in trying to make will provide me with the best 3D experience both games and movies.

I have my PS3 with latest firmware and I'm buying the 3DC-1000 kit and a separate SSG-2200AR since I'd like a personal rechargeable pair for myself and let guest use the other two that come with kit. now here's the question... is there any special tweaking required from my ps3 display settings like RGB and such and also since I read HDMI 1.3 sacrifices audio for 3D can I use an optical cable to output audio for a HD lossless quality? And last question is I read that when turning on the 3D on the tv u need to have a different setting in colors then in 2D is there a special calibration for that which i will have to do?

I hope that the setup I'm trying to build is good but if there is a better alternative to my setup please let me know I'm open to all opinions and since I haven't bought the kit and ssg there's still time for changes. Thank you in advanced and hope to see you guys more often.

I can help with the PS3 settings.

Settings> Video Settings> BD/DVD Video Output Format (HDMI)> RGB

Settings> Display Settings> RGB Full Range (HDMI)> Limited

Lossless is only availble via HDMI.

In 3D mode, the PS3 cannot output lossless formats, though it can while watching 2D (over HDMI).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ah cool thought optical was digital so it wasnt a problem but hey good to know now then later and as for the settings I will change them now before I forget heh was curious as to what my tv supported from settings anything else I need to tweak?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.