AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allright , I got this set as a gift from my MOM and cash is kinda tight right now. got the lamp failure iminent warning a couple of times then it went out.

ordered new lamp installed and got the red flashing light in front.

I have no warranty left so i opened the back. I recall there was a mouse in the darn thing at one point. well i found three cables ate, they go the the ballast fan. patched it up.no red lights timer light does its thing when you first plug it in. then i hit power and i can see the fans coming on all the sensors are in place , steady power light and i can see light from new lamp glowing like it should. but theres no picture or sound, and i think i cant hear the color wheel spinning. I was told by the lamp retailer that the ballast even tho lights the lamp could be the problem.

anyone ever hear of the ballast lighting the lamp but not powering the color wheel before?

well i got a lit lamp and nothing coming from where the lamps light goes into so i think its the color wheel, help pls

and here i thougt that the new lamp would make the superbowl on my 62 possible.good ol 19 inch made 1986 still kickin

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'd be surprised if those eaten wires were the only damage done by the mouse.

Mice have a tendency to make a home inside electronics like big screens, mostly because of the warmth. Mice also have no problem deficating in the same place where they live. I've seen enough sets with rodent damage to suspect you've got problems with more devoured wires and/or damage to PC boards due to mouse urine or feces. Possibly light engine related.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
iv been cataloging every screw and drawing some schematics, but i cant seem to get to the color wheel area to check if theres more ate wires i know it ripped some of the foam insulation on the light fan shroud, cant get front screen off cause of 4 tiny screws from the back around the speaker assembly, i think it s a torx but i would need the screwdriver for it is a long skinny hole to get to them.

wouldnt i get at least the red blinking light in front if it was board related? any tips on how to get the the light engine area from the back on this model mits?im in puerto rico and its gonna be hard to find some tech that aint gonna charge me 100$ just to make the trip.

·
Registered
338 Posts
You don't pull the top off of that set to get to the engine. The engine is removed from the rear. As for the color wheel, The color wheels in Mits sets are fairly well imbedded in the engine. They are not available as a separate piece. Normally, you can't even hear a typical Mits CW spin up so there's no real way of knowing whether it's bad or not.

Any time you have mouse damage the gloves are off. You can no longer rely on the error codes displayed by the LED's on the front to be accurate since you don't know whether the error is being generated by an actual defective part or whether some other part of the set has mouse urine shorting it out triggering the error.

My suggestion.

RAC National Product Service

ESQ PR 784

Caguas, Puerto Rico, 00725

Phone: 787-746-0571

That's the number for my companies facility in PR. Give them a call.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts