AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to fix my blurry images on the tv. It is only on some of the screen mostly the top and you can really notice it if there is a black background and white words. It looks like the words are ghosted on and you can have a complete sentence across the screen and one word may be ghosted and the one right next to it perfect. I found the article about cleaning the light engine and I did that last night and that didn't change anything. Even when I opened up the engine I did not really see anything that was dirty or smudged. The only other thing I can think of is maybe its a smudge on the big mirror in the tv but I can't get to that unless I remove the screen. I also have tried to set the 5 color lines on the screen and for some reason I can't get all 5 on the screen. I'm not sure if that would cause a problem or not. I tried to find a service manual but everyone wants you to buy it and I have two other mitsu sets and found the manuals for them for free. If anyone else has any input I will greatly appreciate it. I hate to have to replace the tv because if you playing a game the picture is almost prefect. You really never notice the shadowing unless it is text on the screen or peoples faces. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
16,824 Posts

Quote:
you can have a complete sentence across the screen and one word may be ghosted and the one right next to it perfect.

That isn't the lens cleaning issue. I never heard of this before.For it to be localized as that, it isn't the mirror either.

It may be the screen or the DMD itself though you probably wouldn't be able to see anything if you looked at the surface of the DMD.

It has come up before, if the two screens touch, that causes issues. That may be it. You may be able to test that by lightly pressing on the affected area with a clean cloth or napkin.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could it be the screen if it had a smudge on the inside or maybe on the big mirror in the tv? I tried pushing on the screen and nothing changed but I do know the screen has hand marks on the inside because the guy I bought the tv from replaced the screen. He does tv repairs and apparantly didn't use gloves.

·
Registered
16,824 Posts
I really have to see screens shots, but it isn't the mirror. It isn't the focal point.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is a couple of pictures but it is really difficult to get the camara to pick up the shadowing. The guide is the best place to see it and is blurry all across the top and the times are blurry. The 8:30 time is clear but 8:00 and 9:00 are shadowed. Its just like the white letters are bleeding into the background. The lines are defined. The blurriness is not the camara but is the words. Its just weird because its not everything but only certain parts. Most of the guide is clear below the spots where it listed the times for the shows but above where it describes what the show is thats really almost completely shadowed except for a couple of spots. If more pictures or info is needed please let me know as I don't really know what else to do next to try and fix the problem. Thanks

·
Registered
16,824 Posts
If you didn't say anything about a problem, I doubt anyone would say there is a problem other than a noisy signal. The slight 'tail' to to right and below the characters looked more like camera motion.

It looks more of a slight mis-focus problem. How about shots of something other that your STB, a straight feed form an antenna for starters or at least bypassing the box and using the internal tuner?

Better yet, a test DVD with a crosshatch pattern?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It does seem like its a focus thing. What or where can I get a test dvd with a cross hatch pattern. I was showing the guide because its easier to see the problem. With a regular picture it is difficult to tell except for some places on the tv are blurry or out of focus. You can also especially see it when its a solid black background with white words.

·
Registered
16,824 Posts
Avid or DVE are the two most popular.

There are limited pattern 'freebies' out there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I downloaded a nokia moniter test will that be okay to use? I guess I can load it on my laptop and hook it into the tv so I can display it on the tv? Let me know if there is anything specific I'm supposed to send pictures of it doing. Thanks again.

·
Registered
16,824 Posts
I use that myself on my PC monitors and on mt DLP in my Living room.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.