AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Approximately three months ago the light engine in this television was replaced which corrected the "blooming" issue. However recently, the TV has been powering off on its own and the red "lamp" indicator light is lit. I initially thought the lamp had blown, but when I pressed power, the TV turns back on and operates fine for hours or sometimes will turn off after 20-30 minutes of use. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
90 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck007 /forum/post/12935981

Approximately three months ago the light engine in this television was replaced which corrected the "blooming" issue. However recently, the TV has been powering off on its own and the red "lamp" indicator light is lit. I initially thought the lamp had blown, but when I pressed power, the TV turns back on and operates fine for hours or sometimes will turn off after 20-30 minutes of use. Any thoughts?

Next time it does this, pull the error codes before you turn the set back on. It clears them each time it successfully powers up.

To pull the error code(s).

On the front panel, you may have to open a flip-up door to access these buttons.

Find the 'Input' & 'Menu' buttons.

Push & hold them for 5sec. or until the Timer LED starts flashing.

Count the number of flashes, it is a 2digit code & has a break between the digits.

Ex. Code 38, lamp temp code would be 3 flashes and a pause followed by 8 flashes. Then it pauses again & repeats about 5-6times.

So if you miss it just keep counting.

If you need to be certain, do the button sequence once more & re-count those.

Report back here with the diagnostic code it flashed.

·
Registered
90 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck007 /forum/post/12935981

Approximately three months ago the light engine in this television was replaced which corrected the "blooming" issue.

What was your "Blooming" issue?

Was it the white text on a black background that 'glows' or 'blooms' into the black?

If so, that's just caused by dust.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts