AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can get the Mits for $1775 or the Sammy for $1399 both shipped and the final price. I'm upgrading from a Sammy 56" and I was happy with it, but the lure of a 73" set is so tempting. Is 6" worth $375 when it comes to screens this size? Thanks everybody!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Size isn't the only thing you should think about.

I was in the same delima recently, but once I actually looked at the HL67A510 I knew I would never own that set. The viewing angle killed it for me. It was horrible. My family needs to be able to see the picture while lying on the floor, sitting or lying on the couch, or standing up while playing the Wii, and must be visible from either the couch to the side of the set or from the kitchen on the other side of the room.

The Mits looked fine from all of the angles and distances my family would be viewing from, but the Samsung only looked good when you were sitting directly in front of it. Even minor angle changes caused drastic visibility problems.

That wouldn't be a problem if the only time you watch TV is when you are sitting directly in front of it, but with 2 adults and 2 kids in the house, we don't.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts