·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seeing these units priced as follows (includes shipping):

WD-73C9 $1,525,

WD-73737 $1700,

WD-73837 $2200...

I can see the spec differences here in the forums, curious what your thoughts are with price points so close together.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
73" for $1,525 is certainly lip-licking territory.

If it's me, I pay the extra for the 73837, because that's still a darn good price on the 73837 (MSRP is $2,999) and I'd want the iris it has for better blacks and dark detail, and I'm looking at a 4-6 year investment (hopefully) and many thousands of hours of looking at it.

Unless there are just budget constraints involved, of course.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Hello,

Just from a cursory look, the C9 series seems to offer amazing value. Compared to the 837 series, it seems you lose Mitsubishi's version of an iris, greater adjustability of colors, and the Deep Field Imager.

Considering the WD-73737 is only 175 Dollars more, it would seem to make for an excellent compromise. With the 737 Series, you get the deep field imager, improved 1080p Push, etc.

I use the KDS-55A3000 and I love it. Due to having Martin Logan Speakers, having the display on the wall offers no advantage as the speakers need to be several feet away from the wall.

The fact remains, microdisplay RPTV's still offer unbeatable value. 73' panels cost a fortune. If you can live with decreased off axis viewing and not hanging it on the wall, they remain exceptional value.

Cheers,

AD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts