AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcour /forum/post/20901595

Simple question: The specs for the WD Live says it will play vob files, but it doesn't list ISO's specifically. Will it play them? Thanks.

It will play a full-rip DVD.iso with full menu support.

It will play a BD.iso in a simple mode where it finds the biggest .m2ts file in the STREAM folder and plays it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just bumping this thread as I have a specific NAS box - Synology DS211+ ( DLNA enabled)

I am able to play a .ISO file via USB key into the WD Live box but it wont play ( "check list of files played....") through the network cable from the NAS box.

Computer plays .ISO via VLC and WMP via wired network.

NAS box has .ISO listed in compatable files ( hence it plays to computer)

Just wondering if this is an issue whereby WD live won't play ISO via DLNA ?

Anyone ?

·
Registered
13,391 Posts
As you found out, DLNA does not support streaming .iso files.

My reply above in post #3 pertains to streaming .iso over Windows shares (SMB/CIFS).

·
Registered
4 Posts
SOLVED

It was easy when I thought about it ( and took in advice from others regarding "network" shares)

The clue was in "network"

I went into the auto login and disabled that because it was logging in as "anonymous"

Of course there is no account called anonymous on my NAS box so, what are the account names ?

Entered my user account name and PW for the NAS box and voila !

My WD live media player now plays .ISO files.

Only catch is that the username and password are saved but you have to press 2 more buttons to get into the WD live !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.