AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to use a USB ethernet adapter with the latest WD Live Plus firmware or do I need to get hacked firmware? Will just about any make/model # adapter work? My ethernet port is burned out. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbernstein
Is it possible to use a USB ethernet adapter with the latest WD Live Plus firmware or do I need to get hacked firmware? Will just about any make/model # adapter work? My ethernet port is burned out. Thanks for the help.
I was wondering the same thing. I might be having the same problem as you, with ethernet ports not working on 2 wdtv live (regulars not the plus). I know the list of compatible USB WIFI cards are reliant on having certain version firmwares. http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/.../3805#wireless

But no idea if any USB to ethernet will work. I might take a chance on some cheap usb ethernet adaptor from ebay and hope for the best. But if the wdtv live needs special drivers or firmware then it may not work.

In the mean time, I'm trying to manage with a wifi N card, but more than half the time, it isn't reliable for streaming 1080p files. Wifi is only good for handling online streaming of youtube and 720p files most of the time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.