AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I updated my WD TV to the newest firmware 1.01.02 and now there is no sound over HDMI or Optical Digital port.

However, the sound will work through the RCA connection.

This happens on all video files that I have.

Everything worked correctly before the upgrade. What do I need to do to fix this?

I have checked all of the settings and reset the WD TV and it still does not work.

Thanks for any help,

Eric

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same problem...First , I bought this box 2 days ago and updated its firmware then I ve played my mkv files even avi files. Suddenly I ve noticed that audio is glitching than whole video is locking and then ı must plug off the device for restart.

I ve tried all the solutions but I cannot solve the issue. Also I wrote down to Western Digital Custoremer Service they just said that please convert the mkv files to m2ts files using mk2vob if I do this then what is the usage of this hd media player? I have ps3 and if I convert them to m2ts then already ps3 is playing these formats. I have very dissappointed about this player.

Can you help me about the subject??

I have researched all the websites and have read the customer reviews. I found out that too many people have the same issues but on the otherside some of them are using this media player with a high satisfaction.

What is the problem in your opinion??

Shall I wait for the firmware? or is there a problem with the audio codec inside the box?

The main problem is when I am playing all the video files such as mkv, avi mp4, mpeg first sound is starting to glitching than video file is freezing then black screen is coming..

I will be very appreciated if you help me..

Thanks

Aziz

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

Did you guys resolve your problem. I had the same thing just bought my player 1 week ago, was able to play video w/ sound and now no sound?

·
Registered
7,695 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbalila /forum/post/16524449

Hi,

Did you guys resolve your problem. I had the same thing just bought my player 1 week ago, was able to play video w/ sound and now no sound?

with what firmware, how is it setup?? hdmi for sound? spdif

you need to give more info.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bump. Problem fixed. I had to pull out the power cord from the unit for about 10 minutes and then plugged it back in again. Do you guys ever notice how warm the unit gets even if its on standby?

·
Registered
7,695 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbalila /forum/post/16526516

Bump. Problem fixed. I had to pull out the power cord from the unit for about 10 minutes and then plugged it back in again. Do you guys ever notice how warm the unit gets even if its on standby?

Yah it stays fairly warm. Some seem like its worse then others. Mines gets fairly warm but I dont really trip on it.

That being said I often unplug the power to lengthen the life of the wdtv.

·
Registered
71 Posts
need help here.. I got the picture when play the movies but no sound.. I'm using HDMI cable and set the audio output to digital.... Anyone has any idea how to get the sound ???

·
Registered
796 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea_bird200 /forum/post/16806171

need help here.. I got the picture when play the movies but no sound.. I'm using HDMI cable and set the audio output to digital.... Anyone has any idea how to get the sound ???

well what type of file are you playing? if it contains DTS or AAC, you won't get sound from DTS unless connected to a DTS receiver via optical, and you won't get sound from AAC if you set Audio Output to "Digital", it needs to be set to "Analog" AFAIK...

·
Registered
588 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytbyte /forum/post/16806540

well what type of file are you playing? if it contains DTS or AAC, you won't get sound from DTS unless connected to a DTS receiver via optical, and you won't get sound from AAC if you set Audio Output to "Digital", it needs to be set to "Analog" AFAIK...

I didn't know that. I cannot sent DTS to my audio receiver over HDMI even though the receiver is capable of handling it?

·
Registered
389 Posts
It should send DTS via HDMI, make sure your receiver is set to output HDMI, and not analog, or optical. However if the DTS track is not the core track, in other words if it is a DTS-HD/MA stream, it will not because the WD only has HDMI >1.3, 1.2 I think, which can not pass high res audio streams.

·
Registered
588 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pilot /forum/post/16808162

It should send DTS via HDMI, make sure your receiver is set to output HDMI, and not analog, or optical. However if the DTS track is not the core track, in other words if it is a DTS-HD/MA stream, it will not because the WD only has HDMI >1.3, 1.2 I think, which can not pass high res audio streams.

Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts