AVS Forum banner

WD TV has no sound after firmware upgrade

8K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Beta Tester 
I have the same problem...First , I bought this box 2 days ago and updated its firmware then I ve played my mkv files even avi files. Suddenly I ve noticed that audio is glitching than whole video is locking and then ı must plug off the device for restart.

I ve tried all the solutions but I cannot solve the issue. Also I wrote down to Western Digital Custoremer Service they just said that please convert the mkv files to m2ts files using mk2vob if I do this then what is the usage of this hd media player? I have ps3 and if I convert them to m2ts then already ps3 is playing these formats. I have very dissappointed about this player.

Can you help me about the subject??

I have researched all the websites and have read the customer reviews. I found out that too many people have the same issues but on the otherside some of them are using this media player with a high satisfaction.

What is the problem in your opinion??

Shall I wait for the firmware? or is there a problem with the audio codec inside the box?

The main problem is when I am playing all the video files such as mkv, avi mp4, mpeg first sound is starting to glitching than video file is freezing then black screen is coming..

I will be very appreciated if you help me..

Thanks

Aziz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.