·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this is the official FW!!!

by the date - 4\\27\\2009

http://www.westerndigital.com/en/products/wdtv/

Version 1.02.07 Now Available!

We've received tremendous feedback on WD TV and some great suggestions to improve the product even more. In response to your requests, we're pleased to offer release product enhancements to make your viewing experience better than ever. Updating your media player is simple. Just follow the instructions below, grab your remote and enjoy the show!

What's New?

Release 1.02.07 (4/27/2009)

(includes all previously released updates)

Enhanced cover art, album art, and thumbnail support for media files and folders

Additional subtitle languages and decoding support

Improved media playback and navigation

More audio formats for MKV container

Fixed bugs reported by the WD TV user community

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Im running it but i didnt get a chance to really run the stock version all that much so im not really sure whats different i just figured it would need updating first thing because my unit was new.

It plays the Video_ts files better then the update it had on it so thats good for me.

Still havnt found out how to do the thumbnail thing just yet with Video_Ts folders.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think this .07 is the the prerelease .07, but with fix bugs!!

Thanks WDteam!! for the release fw.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
YES IS VERY STRAING, but is on official site, on release download, and in the 27\\4\\2009

And just a minutes ago!! In afternoon, it isn't there!! I COMFIRM!! just 1.01 and now 1.02

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyWD /forum/post/16374947

This firmware is identical to the prereleased 1.02.07.

Thanks GuyWD

and is the official release??

any fix bugs, and changes??

·
Registered
7,619 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pack21 /forum/post/16374961

Thanks GuyWD

and is the official release??

any fix bugs, and changes??

He said identical so...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy714 /forum/post/16375027

He said identical so...

Yes, but "identical fw" for me, is not the "same fw"....

Maybe is the same .07 fw, but with little changs or fixed bugs, like the 23,976fps, that don't work fine, in the prerelease .07 fw.

And the bug with subs on\\off, in some playbacks.

·
Registered
41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pack21 /forum/post/16375055

Yes, but "identical fw" for me, is not the "same fw"....

Maybe is the same .07 fw, but with little changs or fixed bugs, like the 23,976fps, that don't work fine, in the prerelease .07 fw.

And the bug with subs on\\off, in some playbacks.

No, he said "identical", that means they're totally the same. I know English is not your native language so please don't insist because other users could be misinformed.

Since WD put it on the official product page, I think the development is over. So, looks like this will be our final firmware at least for the next ~4 months or so.

·
Registered
228 Posts
i'm certainly hoping that this doesn't mean the stagnation of WDTV's current awesome beta program. it'd really bum me out and give me a bleak outlook on things if this is all we get for the next 1/3 of the year. i doubt that they'd go that route; look at how much customer loyalty was harvested in the weeks when they were running the prereleases on a weekly basis? the difference in attitude regarding the posts addressed to WD made almost a complete 180 since the beta program began. they'd be slipping right back into the mud if they stop now...

·
Registered
5 Posts
how ridiculous, its exactly the same buggy 1.02.07 as the beta one, I compared the 2 version, they all have the same crc32 (FA3D7096)

·
Registered
150 Posts
README file inside the WDTV_FW_1_02_07.zip file still says:

Quote:
This is a prerelease version of the firmware. Feel free to install it but be aware this is beta firmware so use it at your own risk. If you are not comfortable with this, please wait for the final version.

So this is definitely confusing.

-Mod

·
Registered
97 Posts
You all at WD should be satisfied in your work, knowing that you made a little media player which is both cost-effective and better than 95% of what is out there on the market. The way you have handled user-feedback by balancing your own goals and giving people what they want is really something that more companies need to learn. It's obvious how much this community has grown because of your posts by looking at the sheer amounts of threads dedicated to this device.

The firmware is incredible, and you've worked very hard day in and day out. Kudos. I will certainly buy more WD in the future...

·
Registered
36 Posts
well, just download the "new" 1.02.07 over the old one and look if the WD-TV sees it as a new one, it should see new firmware when booting, right?

Paul.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Allright, they made it official, and says: "Improved media playback and navigation"

But, how about the stuttering and no sound bug with 1080p files, when subtitles are on, that I and another user reported here? The problem is real, ALL 1080p movies DTS has this bug. I don't want to use 1.01.02, because subtitle is bad, and I want to use the covers.

Please, WD guys, check and fix this problem, because this is is happening. Thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well.

Looks like WD has ignored all bug reports and has released it as official.

All this fuss, and all the extensive testing..............

All for nothing.

All Mr GutWD has to say is : This firmware is identical to the prereleased 1.02.07.

Bravo WD

·
Registered
13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sda_gr /forum/post/16376490

Well.

Looks like WD has ignored all bug reports and has released it as official.

All this fuss, and all the extensive testing..............

All for nothing.

All Mr GutWD has to say is : This firmware is identical to the prereleased 1.02.07.

Bravo WD

Here we go Mr Assumption/Speculator is at it. Why do some people insist on putting words into other people's mouths? D$#[email protected]!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So, this is the final firmware 1.02.07 for Now!! (next for 1-3 months)

For me this fw is fine!

Thanks WDteam, GuyWD and ScottWD, for your hard worK.

1 - 20 of 402 Posts