AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I would like to ask a few essential questions before I buy this player,

1/ is there possibility to play HD mkv content from sata HDD via digitus converter ( http://www.digitus.info/en/products/accessories/?c=1209&p=3534 ), on XP it behave as USB mass storage device

2/ I would like to use my DVI LCD monitor Samsung 2243BW via HDMItoDVI reduction, is there possibility to set-up proper output resolution to 1680x1050?

thanks a lot!

best regards,

distinguishable

·
Registered
3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by distinguishable /forum/post/16902689

Hello,

1/ is there possibility to play HD mkv content from sata HDD via digitus converter on XP it behave as USB mass storage device

2/ I would like to use my DVI LCD monitor Samsung 2243BW via HDMItoDVI reduction, is there possibility to set-up proper output resolution to 1680x1050?

thanks a lot!

best regards,

distinguishable

1. Buy an external HDD case?

2. Your monitor needs to support 720p (1,280x720)

·
Registered
150 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by distinguishable /forum/post/16902689

Hello,

1/ is there possibility to play HD mkv content from sata HDD via digitus converter ( http://www.digitus.info/en/products/...?c=1209&p=3534 ), on XP it behave as USB mass storage device

thanks a lot!

best regards,

distinguishable

If you leave the WD TV video setting to Auto, then it should negotiate via HDCP to 1680x1050. It works for me on my 16x10 20" LCD TV and reports 1680x1050 when I look at the TV's video info overlay. However, since you are doing HDMI to DVI, then the handshaking cannot occur and you're stuck with selecting one of the presets, i.e. 720p. I'm not sure if there are HDMI to DVI adapters that let you indicate what resolution to use, but if there is such an adapter it's probably spendy.

·
Registered
92 Posts
1680x1050 works for me, too, if I connect the WD TV to my TFT via HDMI.

It does not work on the Xtreamer by the way!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMod /forum/post/16903580

If you leave the WD TV video setting to Auto, then it should negotiate via HDCP to 1680x1050. It works for me on my 16x10 20" LCD TV and reports 1680x1050 when I look at the TV's video info overlay. However, since you are doing HDMI to DVI, then the handshaking cannot occur and you're stuck with selecting one of the presets, i.e. 720p. I'm not sure if there are HDMI to DVI adapters that let you indicate what resolution to use, but if there is such an adapter it's probably spendy.

If I look to the 2243BW specification, I can see in features box support for "DVI with HDCP", is there possibility that it should negotiate via HDCP to 1680x1050?

thanks a lot!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've good news to all possibly new owners of this player,

1/ USB2(S)ATA converter (digitus) is working properly

2/ 1680x1050 @ 60Hz mode is supported on Samsung 2243BW monitor, if "auto" resolution mode is selected HDCP will negotiate proper resolution, next good thing is that mode [email protected] & [email protected] could be used with this monitor too! mode [email protected] & [email protected] is not supported on this monitor (result is black screen & warning table - not optimum resolution
).

best regards

distinguishable

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.