AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a WD1200AB (5400) at Outpost.com for $109 plus $6.39 shipping.

This would make an excellent upgrade drive and the price, I think is outstanding. BTW, when you view the item, it shows as $119 price, but when you add it to your cart, it drops to $109. I think this sale is just today and tomorrow, but I'm not certain. The Outpost SKU # is 3334032.

·
Registered
261 Posts
This is a nice find. A quick search on pricewatch listed the cheapest at $161.

Seriously thinking about trying to sell my (still in the wrapper) WD1200BB and go with the AB.

Keith

·
Registered
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Spirit
What is the advantage of having 7200rpm vs 5400rpm for UltimateTV? Will 5400rpm slows your UTV?
The 5400rpm drive is more than adequate for UTV. The difference is noise and heat. The 5400rpm drive generates less heat and noise than its older brother.

TILDA

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Can anyone speak to the noise level of the 5400rpm 120gig WD hdd in their UTV if it's noticeably louder than the stock hdd?

markf57, thanks for the note... that's one heck of a deal.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The Outpost web site describes the HD as "bare" and the picture shows it with the disk exposed. Does that mean it doesn't have a cover, or is that just so they can show the guts of it and it actually comes wrapped in some kind of metal casing.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bare indicates that the drive is not packaged for retail sale (no fancy box) and it also doesn't come with a cable.

Neither of the above are needed for a UTV upgrade.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.