Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Western Digital 120GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive

SKU # WD1200BBRTL

$199.99 - $40 Circuit City MIR - $70 Western Digital MIR = $89.99 +Tax & FREE SHIPPING

(sorry can't link because of session ids)

Go through MSN Holiday Rewards to get back 20%. 20% of the credit card charge, which includes tax, will be credited towards MSN Dollars which will be available in Feb. 2003. MSN Dollars is basiclly store credit to stores under MSN. FatWallet MSN Holiday Rewards thread HERE. Max MSN Dollars is $100 per MSN Wallet. You want more, you know what to do.

20% x $199.99 +Tax = $40.00 MSN Dollars [plus/minus $5-$8]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Circuit City has a 110% LPG

On-line Low Price Guarantee

(for purchases made on CircuitCity.com) Nothing's worse than paying too much. That's why we do everything in our power to make sure you don't pay a penny more than you should for anything you buy at Circuit City. If you've seen a lower price from a local store stocking the same item, we want to know about it. Bring it to our attention, and we'll gladly refund 110% of the difference between our price and theirs.

Even after your Circuit City purchase, if you see a lower price within 30 days, including our own sale prices, we'll refund 110 % of the difference. We're with you! Although we don't match mail order or Internet retailer prices, one of the benefits of selecting our Express Pickup option is that you'll always get a great deal. On the day you pick up your purchase, we'll compare your online purchase price with the price at the designated Circuit City store and you'll receive the lower price. Any difference will automatically be refunded to your original pay type.

We will be requesting a Price Match INSTORE next week starting Sunday December 01, 2002.

OFFICEMAX starting 12/01/02 has the following

Western Digital 120GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive

Item # 2014-8555

$179.99 BEFORE REBATE

AD SCAN HERE on page 5 for NJ/NY

FINAL BREAKDOWN

$199.99 Circuit City - $179.99 OfficeMax = $20 Difference

$20 Difference x 110% LPG = $22 Refund

$199.99 - $22 REFUND - $40 Circuit City MIR - $70 Western Digital MIR - $40 MSN Dollars = about $27.99 [plus/minus $5-$8] NET COST

SMALL BITS OF INFO

$40 Circuit City MIR takes COPY of UPC

$70 Western Digital MIR takes ORIGINAL UPC

The rebates will be expired for next week, so the instore PM to OfficeMax should go smoothly because it is a printed ad. And it clearly says $179.99 BEFORE REBATE on the OfficeMax flyer.

PM is easiest done instore, don't even know if you can do it over the phone.

If you don't want to drive to Circuit City and/or none in your local aread, you can always BVG. It's only $2 difference.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE: Sold out, AGAIN!!

Look for them in your local store or they may come available online for the third time today....

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thanks videogeek. I ordered mine earlier. Even without the MSN deal its still a great deal for $69 provided the price match goes smoothly.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Videogeek - It was easier to cut and paste the relevant info rather than give people the link after link runaround

Seems like the drives are back in stock on cc.com

Its a great deal for upgrading your replay or as your DVArchive data drive.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Just got back from CC (sout Texas). I bought one, there was only one more left. I guess I'm gonna return the 75Gig+256RAM I bought Friday at Best Buy :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Forgot to mention, they were sold out at their website.

and......

I went to the local store at around 5:30 (Central Time).

·
Registered
365 Posts
CC has it now listed for $179.99

If you bought it at $199.99 you can call 1-800-THE-CITY, press 5 for customer service and request a price match - you will instantly get $22.00 back on your credit card

I just called and they know what I wanted as soon as I said 'bought a hard drive' ;)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by majik
Are any of you sure that if you go for the PLG the rebates are still valid?
PLG? If you mean price match with it than yes, I am sure. Price match has nothing to do with the rebate at all.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I called today, and got the PM. Then 10 minutes later I got a call back from circuitcity.com, and the CSA said if they pricematched it to $179 I wouldn't be eligible for the rebate. (BTW, she said it had shipped today). I said I'll take the rebates instead. Then 10 minutes later she called back and said they WOULD give me the PM as a CC credit, and my receipt would still show $199. I may have been lucky that it was out the door already.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Heh, I just don't have the energy at all to do this kind of deals anymore. Heck I'm too lazy to even send in one MIR (though somehow I managed to send in my RTV rebate right on the very last day, after reading a reminder -- I'm still proud of that, hee).

·
Registered
256 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by videogeek
I am sure. Price match has nothing to do with the rebate at all.
If this is the case, great!

Quote:
Originally posted by gbuskirk
I called today, and got the PM. Then 10 minutes later I got a call back from circuitcity.com, and the CSA said if they pricematched it to $179 I wouldn't be eligible for the rebate.
I called 1-800-THE-CITY earlier (before gbuskirk's message was posted here) and the lady told me that the rebates should still be valid. Unlike gbuskirk, I bought the HD at the CC store not their website.

Quote:
Originally posted by gbuskirk
Then 10 minutes later she called back and said they WOULD give me the PM as a CC credit, and my receipt would still show $199

So as long as the receipt you submit for the rebates say $199.99, the rebates will be valid?

So which is it? I would much rather have the $110 rebates rather than the $20 price match, obviously.

·
Registered
510 Posts
MODS PLEASE TAKE NOTE: AVSForum is acting up and mislabeling quotes!

Poor, innocent majik's post kept attributing me with the quotes, although my post wasn't actually quoted anywhere...

quote.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by majik

So which is it? I would much rather have the $110 rebates rather than the $20 price match, obviously. [/b]

Wait until you receive the drive with the $199 receipt before doign the price match. Like that you get both!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
st63z,

i'm not sure what happend w/ my post. at one point, i did notice the first quote cited gbuskirk as the author, and you as the 2'nd one. when previewing my post i noticed this and changed it, but apparently i incorrectly put you as the author of both quotes. so i don't know if the avsforums are really acting up when quoting...unless you've seen this somewhere else.

-----

gibbo,

so i guess the receipt listing the HD at $199 is enough? sweet :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.