AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstarion /forum/post/16919604

Is that all? there has got to be more.

Not really. It's basically the same set, it just has some software features disabled. As far as the hardware goes there is no difference, and you should be able to get the same calibrated image quality out of both.

·
Registered
152 Posts
which set is newer and has the software settings? i am about to order one or the other and they are the same price on Tiger Direct.

·
Registered
219 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muckrak3r /forum/post/17111271

which set is newer and has the software settings? i am about to order one or the other and they are the same price on Tiger Direct.

Per the owners thread the C9 appears to have both Deepfield imager and sharpedge even though they are not listed on the Mits website. I know the 737 has 120Hz I don't know if the C9 does.

Joe

·
Registered
152 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joez7700 /forum/post/17111314

Per the owners thread the C9 appears to have both Deepfield imager and sharpedge even though they are not listed on the Mits website. I know the 737 has 120Hz I don't know if the C9 does.

Joe

according to a poster over on slickdeals, the C9 is the entry level model, and the 737 is the mid-level.

i went to the mitsubishi website and they show both the C9 and the 737 as 'new' so that didn't help at all. so which one is better/newer?

·
Registered
729 Posts
I just purchased a WD-65C9 and mine has both DeepField Imager and SharpEdge, which according to Mitsubishi's site it shouldn't have, or at least they don't list that it should have them. The C9 also does have 120Hz and 24fps inputs. I honestly don't know what the difference between the C9 and 737 is.

Most picture enhancements aren't very useful anyway so I enjoyed the $200 savings.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, I can tell you the details behind my WD-65737! I spent weeks scouring through ads and online websites. Yes,....hours looking around in AVS Forum looking for suggestions and recommendations from the Lords of HD. Eventually, I decided that a 65" Mitsubishi was the one for me. Best of all, this was going to be a surprise for my son and daughter. On the day the set was delivered from Crutchfield, both my son and daughter had the day off from school. Bam,...bam,...bam,...there's a knock at the front door. My son answers and it's two delivery guys. By now, my daughter is looking out the window. Did we get a new couch or something? You should have seen their collective eyes when the delivery dual indicated that they had a delivery of a 65" Mitsubishi tv. Their eyes were massive,....and their jaws were on the floor. As a father,.....it doesn't get any better then that! After the truck left, we lined up the box in front of the old set,...carefully opened and lifted the shipping box off,....removed the plastic bag covering the tv,....hooked up power and HD cabling,......and fired up that bad boy!

SHA.....SHA.......SHATTERED!!!! Yep,....the entire screen was shattered into at least 20 different shards inside. What a huge let-down. On top of that, it took the same two delivery guys over 2 weeks to come and pick it up to send back to Crutchfield. Do I really need to leave my overall review?

·
Registered
729 Posts
And that's why you open the box and inspect the item before signing for it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm asuming the WD65735 and WD65737 are the same, but...

the WD65735 has 2 ant in instead of 1, has a composite input, an s-video in on the rear panel and front usb and component in, where the WD65C9 has the additional component input on the side. The remote appears better as well on the 65735 as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.