AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys/Gals,

My apologies if this has been discussed previously, I have spent several days trawling through 1000's of posts on these forums looking for specific help, thus far unsuccessfully. I hope a new thread is OK!!!!

I have recently purchased a WD HD TV Player, this is working fine with no issues except for one that I'd like to rectify. The WD HD player has a TOSLINK/Digital out port that I'd like to get working in some capacity, preferably without spending too much more as I've stretched budgets already.

What I have tried thus far is linking the digital out port on the WD HD player, into my PC, via the "Optical In" port of my ageing SB Audigy 2 Platinum eX's "external communication module".

The speaker system running on my PC on the Audigy 2 is just a set of Creative Inspire 5.1 5300's.

I have an old TOSLINK optical cable that is part of my even older Pioneer Hi-Fi stack system that I used to connect the WD HD players optical out, into the Audigy's optical in. Unfortunately I have not been able to get the sound working.

Anyone who has a similar setup or previous experience able to give any advise of any software setup or adjustments I may need to take into consideration to get the digital sound working via this method please?

Cheers,

A_Wolf.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts