AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have 2 WDTV's in my house both hooked upto 1080P Sets (65")

The WDTV'S are both networked via Cat6 to a Gigabit Router in my Office where I have a NAS.

I have about 45 Blurays I want to now rip and store on the NAS for streaming to my TV's.

What is the best way to do this so I do not lose any quality. I have read about MKV files. Would this make them lose quality? Bluray ripping in new to me. Is it anything like DVD's where you can rip to a TS folder or ISO with no loss?

Any idea's would help.

·
Registered
500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffactoryxx /forum/post/20979439

So I have 2 WDTV's in my house both hooked upto 1080P Sets (65")

The WDTV'S are both networked via Cat6 to a Gigabit Router in my Office where I have a NAS.

I have about 45 Blurays I want to now rip and store on the NAS for streaming to my TV's.

What is the best way to do this so I do not lose any quality. I have read about MKV files. Would this make them lose quality? Bluray ripping in new to me. Is it anything like DVD's where you can rip to a TS folder or ISO with no loss?

Any idea's would help.

i use anydvd Hd with image burn to make a iso at 1 to 1, i also use tsmuxer if i just want to rip the main movie or you can just use anydvd and rip to iso all these ways have no loss in quality the all rip 1 to 1

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk1987 /forum/post/20979679

i use anydvd Hd with image burn to make a iso at 1 to 1, i also use tsmuxer if i just want to rip the main movie or you can just use anydvd and rip to iso all these ways have no loss in quality the all rip 1 to 1

Alot of people have told me to use Makemkv. Does outputting to an MKV differ vs an .ISO

Also I have some 3d movies. Is there a difference if I just want ot rip the 3d part of the movie and none of the menu's, extras etc

·
Registered
500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffactoryxx /forum/post/20979710

Alot of people have told me to use Makemkv. Does outputting to an MKV differ vs an .ISO

Also I have some 3d movies. Is there a difference if I just want ot rip the 3d part of the movie and none of the menu's, extras etc

i just feel its an extra step you do not need to do some people like mkv which is just the container. you can rip the main movie as the m2ts file and be done but it is a personal preference

·
Registered
353 Posts
I have three WDTV devices, 2 Pluses and a Live. I always rip to mkv for a few reasons.

There is a bug that I see in all 3 of my WD's where for some reason it will suddenly stop playing .iso's and throw up an "unsupported format" error. The only way to get it working again is to reboot.

The other reason is because I use the modified firmware and movie sheets. The overhead of .iso's causes occasionally stuttering, with .mkv that never happens, even on the unit that is connected wirelessly!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rclifton /forum/post/20980228

I have three WDTV devices, 2 Pluses and a Live. I always rip to mkv for a few reasons.

There is a bug that I see in all 3 of my WD's where for some reason it will suddenly stop playing .iso's and throw up an "unsupported format" error. The only way to get it working again is to reboot.

The other reason is because I use the modified firmware and movie sheets. The overhead of .iso's causes occasionally stuttering, with .mkv that never happens, even on the unit that is connected wirelessly!

And what software do you use?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I just tried Star Trek ripping using MakeMKV and it was 2x speed

I tried Anydvd and got 12mb/s

This seems really slow. Any suggestions?

I have a MATSHITA BD-RE UJ240AF

·
Registered
353 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffactoryxx /forum/post/20980764

And what software do you use?

I use MakeMKV and rip just the main movie, lossless track, and the main lossy track as well as english subs. I've got an older Sony drive so it generall takes about 45 mins to rip a movie.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts