AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody,

Here's my dilemma

I posted in the main WD thread but theres like 999 pages so it might be hard for people to go thru and get such a large # of questions answered.

I have 2 WD-500gb My Books, for the longest I've only used them in FAT32 format limiting myself to all the 360 limitations like files under 4gb.

I have macdrive 7,Sumpthin running Win XP & I would like to use HFS+ but I havent seen anything on Macdrive telling me if the format will have journaling enabled/disabled nor how to do so as the WD player will not accept journaling HDD's.

Can you help me out?

My Player should arrive later this week & I would like to have one of the 500 ready to go, dont want to deal with all the transferring once I want to mess with the player.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I am not a MAC user, but have read that journaling needs to be disable. Not even sure what that is, but I have read that for sure. I use a PC in my file format is NTFS. That is what my external drives are as well. No 4GB limits.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im not a Mac user either!

HFS+ like NTFS does not have a 4gb like FAT32.

However I use these hard drives on my 360 as-well which NTFS is not read by the Xbox-360.

I found on the net that you cannot write to a HFS+ journaling enabled drive.

Since I use them with my 360 til my WD player arrives & I know this system works on my 360 currently I'm pretty sure I should not have any issues (fingers crossed)

Maybe this will be helpful to a few of you who viewed the thread but had no feedback.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts