AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For starters, the live plus WILL work on a SDTV just fine.

Had the famous fast blinking green light on 73C9, would boot to blue Miti logo then turn off.

Repair guy came out and replaced my main board, back in business. They had to do the code to remove the blotchy face issue.

I guess it pretty much reset all my input settings etc. I was able to get my DVR on HDMI 1 and Xbox 360 and Blu-ray on HDMI 3 (shared) to work.

However, I can NOT for the life of me get my WDTV on HDMI 2 to recognize. I have a couple of them (Live and Live plus) actually and this happens with both units. Live unit will show the boot logo for a second or two before the screen goes input blue.

Am I missing something incredibly simple for getting this issue resolved?

Or is it possible the repair is a possible issue for changing something up?

EDIT: I will be honest here and say when I was starting back up I hooked up my new Xbox 360 and WDTV to their respective HDMI slots. When the tv auto sensed and asked me for more info, I swapped the devices by accident (called HDMI 2 the game console when it was really HDMI 3). However, I would think this wouldn't really have an impact esp when I manually try to go to the correct input for the WDTV and it won't display.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Really, no ideas?

The WDTV will work on another TV (via composite) and the HDMI will work with another device.

Just seems HDMI won't work with the WDTV - any guess what the problem is that wasn't there before?

Handshake issue? Still problem with WDTV but just limited to HDMI?

Already tried resetting the box.

·
Registered
567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknyt /forum/post/19565890

Really, no ideas?

The WDTV will work on another TV (via composite) and the HDMI will work with another device.

Just seems HDMI won't work with the WDTV - any guess what the problem is that wasn't there before?

Handshake issue? Still problem with WDTV but just limited to HDMI?

Already tried resetting the box.

Maybe because the output is still set on 480p standard definition and you have to change it to HDTV or change output in the settings to HDMI output?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgvroadster /forum/post/19566910

Maybe because the output is still set on 480p standard definition and you have to change it to HDTV or change output in the settings to HDMI output?

This isn't a bad idea - but how do you go about doing this when the unit won't recognize at all over HDMI - I can't get to the settings screen of the WDTV (you don't mean the TV do you?)

I actually did put this unit on another TV and did exactly that as part of my initial troubleshooting. However it was connected via composite and it wouldn't take a switch obviously.

Kinda of out of ideas for how to correct. I'm presuming it must be something with my TV but not sure.

·
Registered
567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknyt /forum/post/19572973

This isn't a bad idea - but how do you go about doing this when the unit won't recognize at all over HDMI - I can't get to the settings screen of the WDTV (you don't mean the TV do you?)

I actually did put this unit on another TV and did exactly that as part of my initial troubleshooting. However it was connected via composite and it wouldn't take a switch obviously.

Kinda of out of ideas for how to correct. I'm presuming it must be something with my TV but not sure.

Try using composite to one TV and use HDMI to connect to the HDTV so you have at least one screen to see where to navigate on the WDTV... then go into the settings and try to set output to HDMI or change the resolution to 1080P and hopefully the output switches to the HDTV... if not RMA it if its still under warranty or exchange/return...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do have a little 13" TV I can drag down to see if this will work.

In the meantime I did start up a ticket with WD (as I had to do with my previous Live unit for overheating).

Takes time to work through the nonsense suggestions they have before they will get to an RMA.

Thanks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I had the same symptoms:

Live unit will show the boot logo for a second or two before the screen goes input blue.

And went through some of the same troubleshooting steps you tried. The cable was not defective, in that it worked in other setups, but the WD box just did not like it. Once the cable substitution was made i had no problems.

aVZ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.