AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based on all your fantastic advice both here and on the HD programming forum, I went and bought a Winegard HD8200 antenna and a Winegard AP8275 preamp. The OTA results... in the 90s for all channels except NBC which comes in in the mid 80s. Not bad for being about 55 miles from the towers in the middle of the woods surrounded by 60 foot trees. :)

Total Cost = $400 Total, for the STB (dealer bankrupcy sale) plus the antenna and preamp.

I am in heaven!!!

Thank you all very much for your help!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Welcome to the fun and crazy world of HDTV! The first time I had my OTA antenna finally installed I stayed up until 2:30 am watching everything I could find broadcasting in HD. And that was on a work night!

Regards

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ongopt
Welcome to the fun and crazy world of HDTV! The first time I had my OTA antenna finally installed I stayed up until 2:30 am watching everything I could find broadcasting in HD. And that was on a work night!

Regards
Sound to me you have a very powerful antenna that can draw stations across several time zones :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Fox 40 had some programming on late at night in actual 1080i. I think it was Sheena or something like that. I was half asleep at the time.

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that some of what I was watching my very first night of HD was HBO HD from Direct TV and not from OTA at that late at night. The advantage of living on the west coast is that you can watch HBO HD's wee hour programming at fairly reasonable hours. Of course I did get carried away on my first HD night!

I stand corrected concerning my first post.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.