AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have hours, you can decipher all the info you need, but so many threads quickly become hundreds of posts long. Its hard to read each one in order to learn if there is anything new without missing something...ie. can't see the forest for the trees.

How about just a thread like the "official" ones that head the HD recording forum that does nothing but compare the basics of each new contender. It doesn't need to go into as much detail as the individual threads...just give the basics of where each one stands. It could be labelled as "reliable gossip" rather than "gospel". I know "facts" change in this industry.

How about if one of the moderators simply add any new updates on the "PVR synopsis" thread, like latest ETA, price, manufacturers, HD size, changes in number of channels simultaneously recorded, commercial skip, ability to record various formats (ATSC, NTSC, cable, Dish, DTV, OTA), etc. (all based on the latest info gathered from the members in individual threads).

A monthly (or twice monthly) update to the "synopsis" thread would be nice. It was written in May.

...or, I could just get a pot of coffee, a pillow for my sore butt, and better reading glasses!

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Smith

A monthly (or twice monthly) update to the "synopsis" thread would be nice. It was written in May.
The Synopsis is updated on a regular (usually a few times a week) basis. The links to topics include AVS discussions and manufacturer's info.

The last update to the HDTV Recorders Synopsis was yesterday.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you mean the first post in the thread is edited, or are you talking about later posts in the thread?

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Smith
Do you mean the first post in the thread is edited, or are you talking about later posts in the thread?
My first post. Look at the last line in italics. Anytime it's updated, it shows there.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.