AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every day there's one or two "I need a new receiver" threads. There's so much activity here that within a couple days, that thread is 3 or 4 pages deep, and someone starts a new one. Not sure who creates "sticky" threads but it seems to me one of this topic would save a lot of repetition. Just a thought.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Since I'm one of those guys asking the receiver recommendation questions, I agree. Perhaps breaking it up into price ranges would help as well: under $450, $450-$800, etc.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc0000 /forum/post/18169402

Since I'm one of those guys asking the receiver recommendation questions, I agree. Perhaps breaking it up into price ranges would help as well: under $450, $450-$800, etc.

Great idea
I'm also in the marketbut still waiting for new model lists to see if I sholud buy now or hold out. Breaking it down into $$$ units should keep high and mid level crosstalk lower

·
Registered
30,167 Posts
I agree, that works really well in the Blu-ray forum and the mods do a good job of locking out individual threads quickly and directing them to the "sticky".

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
I have long thought we should have threads for the categories

Problem is, no one will read them like people can't be bothered to search now. And they will quickly clutter up. And people can't be bothered to search stickied threads, either.

"Oh man, it's 100 pages long, I am lazy, just tell me what to buy, please"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts