AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was enlightened by the comments in a now locked thread. I just have to celebrate my new found enlightenment! :D :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by govgeek
Must resist contributing....must resit - oh darn I'm already typing...
do I have to (resist?) I was tempted to respond to the first thread, and here is another chance :) You know, I bet Namibia doesn't contribute a whole lot to global warming either. And if we all got rid of our NECs and Sony pjs, that too would help.


Ooops - nuff said. bye. :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh come on. Submit to the temptation! I was trying to get you guys going again. I'm not at all political, but the absurdity of the locked thread even pissed me off!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,007 Posts
yea those comments by someone that will remain nameless from the czech rep were just asinine to say the least........
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
522 Posts
We Should Model Our Country After the Czech Republic!


NOOOO!

That is not a good idea... really not... It would be just step from one shiit to another, maybe even bigger. If you could read what i think about situation here... i will not type it.


Those slightly emotional comments were caused by my deep disagreement with current US policy. That is all... i hope you are not too shocked??? Was i so rude?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,451 Posts
Give Stepan a brake here guy's ! Were all breathing the same air from a planet in trouble from every angle ! We gotta work together on this ! :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepan
Was i so rude?
Yep....pretty much.


And if I could make one minor point: as a guy that has lived his entire life in the Great Plains, trust me when I say that tornadoes are a FACT of life around here and have nothing to do with how much fossil fuels we burn. They are entirely to do with cold fronts meeting warm, moist air from the Gulf. These conditions existed long before oil was even thought of.


Stepan, I would also like to add that you might want to keep in mind that nobody on this message board implements policy for any government anywhere. We all have different perspectives on the world depending on where we come from, and that is very difficult to change. The vast majority of us are just trying to make a good life for ourselves and our families and perhaps have a little fun with our CRT in the meantime. Please keep this in mind.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom.W
Give Stepan a brake here guy's ! Were all breathing the same air from a planet in trouble from every angle ! We gotta work together on this ! :(
"I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's a depression. Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel's worth; banks are going bust; shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter; punks are running wild in the street, and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it.


We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat. And we sit watching our TVs while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that's the way it's supposed to be!


We all know things are bad -- worse than bad -- they're crazy.


It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out any more. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we're living in is getting smaller, and all we say is, "Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials, and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone."


Well, I'm not going to leave you alone.


I want you to get mad!


I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot. I don't want you to write to your Congressman, because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street.


All I know is that first, you've got to get mad.


You've gotta say, "I'm a human being, go*****it! My life has value!"


So, I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window, open it, and stick your head out and yell,


"I'm as mad as hell, and I'm going to take it some more. Cause there aint nothing I can do about it!!"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWood
"I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's a depression. Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel's worth; banks are going bust; shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter; punks are running wild in the street, and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it.


We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat. And we sit watching our TVs while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that's the way it's supposed to be!


We all know things are bad -- worse than bad -- they're crazy.


It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out any more. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we're living in is getting smaller, and all we say is, "Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials, and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone."


Well, I'm not going to leave you alone.


I want you to get mad!


I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot. I don't want you to write to your Congressman, because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street.


All I know is that first, you've got to get mad.


You've gotta say, "I'm a human being, go*****it! My life has value!"


So, I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window, open it, and stick your head out and yell,


"I'm as mad as hell, and I'm going to take it some more. Cause there aint nothing I can do about it!!"


ain,t that the truth, just get a bigger gun than your neighbor :( :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,557 Posts
For those of you who haven't seen Stepan's luny political and anti-American viewpoints before, don't bother arguing with him. He has the maturity level of a 15 yr old and the debating skills to match. It's a giant waste of hyperbole and typing keystrokes to engage this clown and his inane rants....I've done it before, and can attest that it just goes in silly circles. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,041 Posts
Didn't see Stepans post, but I can tell that there are a lot of things that the US Government makes, that are so wrong that everyone must see that.

But if I look at my government here in Germany, I must admit that it is not that much better.

And I can do nothing that makes any of these governments make a better job.

We have elections here in 3 weeks, and most of us here do not agree with the current government, but there is no alternative. Last time when there were elections the other big party was no alternative because if we had chosen them we would have been fighting in Irak only to hunt weapons of mass destruction that never existed.

This time we can not choose them because they want to change the health insurance system to a system that is not affordable for families (now only the people that earn money have to pay. Women that take care of the children are free and the children to, but they want everyone to pay. Imagine the difference bewtween a single and a family with 3 children...). So we will have to keep our government for another 4 years :-(

A wise man said, that every people get the government they deserve, and it seems we all do not deserve better...

Roland
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
962 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWood
"I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's a depression. Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel's worth; banks are going bust; shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter; punks are running wild in the street, and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it.


We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat. And we sit watching our TVs while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that's the way it's supposed to be!


We all know things are bad -- worse than bad -- they're crazy.


It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out any more. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we're living in is getting smaller, and all we say is, "Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials, and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone."


Well, I'm not going to leave you alone.


I want you to get mad!


I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot. I don't want you to write to your Congressman, because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street.


All I know is that first, you've got to get mad.


You've gotta say, "I'm a human being, go*****it! My life has value!"


So, I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window, open it, and stick your head out and yell,


"I'm as mad as hell, and I'm going to take it some more. Cause there aint nothing I can do about it!!"





Robert, what is this from again, i've heard it before???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,766 Posts
Was it "Network"?


If you are feeling mad or powerless, then take a step back and *do something* about it..anything really.


Don't wait for the politicians to do it - do it yourself.


Start here

http://www.roughguide-betterworld.com/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,234 Posts
Roland - it would also help to live in a democracy. The other guy won the last election here, but our president had better hackers working for him.. I plan on brushing up on my UNIX and network skills before the next election. I hope your vote counts in the upcoming election; I haven't been following - afraid I don't watch BBC, and our networks don't even cover much of what happens around here.


But even tho I fail to agree with many of our current government policies, you pretty much hit it on the head with "my government here in Germany, I must admit that it is not that much better. " I loved my time in Oz, but while I was there, the fr***ng Queen of England unilaterally disolved the elected government. Of Oz. Regardless of what government does what, I get ticked when someone decides it is a good idea to have our country pummelled by killer hurricanes, just because he disagrees with our prez's policies. If someone doesn't like W and his cronies, do something constructive to get him out of office - don't kill and make homeless a few million people.


Rant over - will be asking genuine CRT question soon. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,425 Posts
I SO want to chime in here, but I'll keep quiet. Anyhow, anyplace that makes PIlsner Urquell can't be all bad. If you wish for true enlightenment go to www.boortz.com and listen to the streaming show from 9:00AM to 1:00PM Eastern Standard time. He's alot better speaker than I am.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
We should populate our country with cloned Czech models! 1 million Paulina's (1984 version) would be a good start!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoBro
We have elections here in 3 weeks, and most of us here do not agree with the current government, but there is no alternativeRoland
Yes, thats exactly it. Our elections are at best the choice between 2 bad candidates. Our only options have been to choose between the corporation black cat or the white corporation cat to rule over all us mice. But neither choice is good for us mice! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,041 Posts
I think every one of them has some good ideas, and some very bad ones. If we could only choose them at a more detailed election. The minister for environmental issues from the green party, the minister of the labour department from the socialists, and i want a minister of economy being a professor of political economics coming from the best university.

Then that would be worth to be called elections.

Roland
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top