AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,811 Posts
Soldiers along with all other Paramount Blu-Ray titles are out of print. Your best bet to pick up this title is probably Ebay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,573 Posts
Or Best Buy.. Seems like all of the stores in my area have most Paramount titles on BD.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,526 Posts
I just ordered We Were Soldiers on Blu-ray from Amazon. Check to see if they still have copies.


Many of the previously released Blu Paramount titles are reappearing at outlets. (I also just ordered Trading Places on Blu from Buydotcom).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man, was this response fast. In any event, neither Best Buy, Amazon or Circuit City has We Were Soldier in Blu-Ray. In fact it is not even in their inventory anymore. Why is Paramount not making it in Blu-Ray any longer?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
26,161 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby /forum/post/12999827


Man, was this response fast. In any event, neither Best Buy, Amazon or Circuit City has We Were Soldier in Blu-Ray. In fact it is not even in their inventory anymore. Why is Paramount not making it in Blu-Ray any longer?

As was pointed out earlier in the thread, paramount annouced a number of months ago they would only produce titles in HD-dvd. Here's a large thread on the topic that came up in the search engine:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...ight=paramount
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Im not sure if is region free or not But Icon own the rights to we were soldiers in the uk and they have put it out on blu ray they also have released alpha dog on blu ray.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,574 Posts
Most of the Paramount Blu-ray titles are around if you look for them. Frys has a number here, Amazon has some.


Boy, I hope that Warners continues to supply the HD DVD titles that it already released to its HD DVD customers. It is really a shame when the consumer becomes collateral damage to the studios' inability to fix on a format and end the format war.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
362 Posts
Does the blu-ray version of WWS have a 1.5mpbs DD track or 640kpbs?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper /forum/post/13063822


they both had a 1.5 mbps track.

Thanks. Were you able to confirm that on your BD player?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,144 Posts
A review says "Paramount also includes Dolby Digital Surround EX and DTS 5.1 surround tracks, the former encoded at a full 1.5mbps and definitely the preferred mix."


Don't know what's meant by former. Is it the dts track, or the dolby ? But anyway, I guess one of them is preferred.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by narcopolo /forum/post/13066996


A review says "Paramount also includes Dolby Digital Surround EX and DTS 5.1 surround tracks, the former encoded at a full 1.5mbps and definitely the preferred mix."


Don't know what's meant by former. Is it the dts track, or the dolby ? But anyway, I guess one of them is preferred.

Ya that's from high-def digest. However, other reviews state that the DD track is only 640kbps, while the HD-DVD DD+ track is at 1.5Mbps. I want to order the BD but don't want 640kbps when I can just stick with my HD-DVD copy @ 1.5Mbps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrexx /forum/post/13067537


Ya that's from high-def digest. However, other reviews state that the DD track is only 640kbps, while the HD-DVD DD+ track is at 1.5Mbps. I want to order the BD but don't want 640kbps when I can just stick with my HD-DVD copy @ 1.5Mbps.

Yeah, all Paramount Blu-ray titles had Dolby Digital at 640kbps (DD doesn't go any higher than that). The HD DVDs got DDPlus 5.1 at 1.5mbps (which Blu-ray doesn't support)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
my fav scene from the film "good morning sir , how the hell do you know what kind of morning it is?


" nice weather sir , what are you the god damn weather man now!)
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top