AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have AT&T digital cable. I have split the line and use the analog portion with the internal tuner on the 4040. Problem is that below channel 5 or 6 the signal is very weak, picture is snowy and commercial advance does not work. Any recommendations would be a great help.

By the by, I have several ATT provided drops in the house. The ones upstairs are all fine, no signal problems. It's only the one downstairs.

Also have HS internet coming in

EFrog

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I am in Woburn, MA and have AT&T digital cable. On all of my analog connections, channels 4 and 5 are weak, and can even get snowy. No matter how many new connectors and new cables the repair guys have tried, those two channels continue to give bad signal.

However, when going through my digital boxes, those channels are fine. The only PVR I have set for analog is my TiVo, and I told it to completely ignore channels 4 and 5 as I rarely use that unit anyway.

There are a few signal boosters available at radio shack, but I've tried a few and none fixed the problem. Sooooooooooooooo... if you are anywhere near Woburn, you are probably stuck :(

·
Registered
388 Posts
3 things to check:

1. Make sure your splitters are connected correctly.

2. If any of your splitters (between your 4040 and the point of entry into the house) are more than 1-2 years old, replace them. The cheap ones degrade quickly with time and you should invest in high-quality splitters. Monster comes to mind.

3. The Shack has digital signal compatible cable amplifiers. Not all signal amplifiers are alike. There are some specific to VHF/UHF, some are compatible with analog cable, and some are specific to digital cable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess Andover is close to woburn so I might be stuck. The run from the outside of the house to the box is short, so maybe I'll get a set of 1 Gig+ spliters and try to rewire the whole run. Maybe it'll help. I did put a signal amp in the line and it helps a bit (. . . we do reprise of song, it help a bit, not much, . . . no not much") but not much. I'll let you know how it works out.

Thanks

EFrog

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.