AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hooking up my PC to an 19" LCD monitor but also to my plasma display. I am using a cheap VGA splitter cable http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=3759 (I know, I should be using a real splitter box) to see if I can get away with an okay image quality... Well, as expected, both my PC monitor and plasma had reduced to about 50% of brightness.

My question is, is there any quick fix to that (like increase the brightness settings of the displays, or manipulate the screen refresh rate in Windows...)?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
No, what you've done is connect two terminated loads to a single source. In the "old days" before there was such a thing as an HD-15 connector and even before there were VGA monitors, let alone XVGA, color computer monitors connected to a computer via BNC cables. The monitors would have a switch to disconnect the terminators so they could be daisy chained. Nowadays, termination is built in to the circuitry and no way is provided to disconnect it. The only way to connect multiple displays to a single source is to use a distribution amplifier designed for that purpose (and one designed to handle the highest frequency signal you plan to run).

·
Registered
273 Posts
does either your monitor or plasma unit have a DVI port? if so you can get a relatively inexpensive graphics card that has dual DVI-I outputs (the asus 9180VS for example) and hook one to the DVI port on "monitor 1" and one the the VGA port on "monitor 2" (or use dual DVI if the displays can support them ;) ).

-dwx

·
Registered
393 Posts
You can use a DVI-I to VGA adapter on the second DVI-I connector on the video card described above by dwx. You can then go DVI into your plasma, and VGA into your 19" LCD monitor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.