AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember that when I was initially setting up my antenna for OTA DTV reception, I found a very helpful site which would tell you the distance to each station broadcasting in your area. I would like look up the Ct or PA stations that I might be able to receive from Long Island in place of the lost NYC stations.

·
Registered
224 Posts
 www.antennaweb.com doesn't seem to show the distance to the transmission towers. If it does, please tell me where.

------------------

Fred S

·
Registered
250 Posts
Paul,

You can also try www.titantv.com. Go to Antenna Selector, pick the stations you want to receive and then hit "map station distribution". This gives you a nice map with distances to each of the broadcast towers.

------------------

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's NOT the antennaweb site. The site that I'm thinking of was very technical, something about a Topographical engineering survey. It wasn't very flashy, it was almost like a program that an engineer would use.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hi Paul,

Perhaps the info here? .

Thanks,

Errol

------------------
Keohi HDTV

Your Friendly HDTV Tips Site

·
Registered
132 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
I don't know if this is the site to which you were referring, but I used the Zenith Aircraft Company's Virtual GPS site: http://www.zenithair.com/misc/distance.html

It works best if you have the latitude and longitude coordinates of your home as well as the broadcast tower(s) you are interested in. You can find the latter at the FCC Television Database Query site: http://www.fcc.gov/mmb/vsd/tvq.html

Using these two sites, I was able to determine not only the actual air distance to three local broadcast towers, but also the geographical heading which was a big help in setting up my antenna rotator.

------------------

Tom

Mitsubishi WS-65907 HD RPTV

Mitsubishi SR-HD5 HD receiver

Sony SAT-T60 DirecTc>ic>Vc>oc>f> w/2.5 (126 hours)

Sony SAT-T60 DirecTc>ic>Vc>oc>f> w/2.5

Sony SAN-24MD 24" elliptical dish

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.