AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, last night was a blast, I was able to handle up to 12 people without any lag (unless anyone noticed it and didn't tell me)

So, I would like to set up a weekly (different from WW) ranked server utilizing some fantastic maps. We'll include Xones, CTF, DM and TDM....that way we can start working towards the badges we don't already have (IE DM, CTF ect) without all those pesky people we don't like.

What do you guys think about this? It would be password protected and I would need a guaranteed amount of people each week

Anyone up for this?

I love that we can have a big game on one of the other servers, but mine would be a small - imtimate affair of death and chaos

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
can the host of a ranked server still play on that server. I thought I heard that you couldn't for some odd reason??? but I may be mistaken...

·
Banned
4,619 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Mapstone /forum/post/13016318

can the host of a ranked server still play on that server. I thought I heard that you couldn't for some odd reason??? but I may be mistaken...

Yes, it ca be done. Set it up as a "player ranked" as opposed to a "dedicated" game. Limitations are at least 8 people need to join for the game to start and no split screens.

Paws, when setting it up, you can "save" spots for your buddies (ie, maybe make 8 of the spots for buddies and let the other 4 spots go the the riff raff if we can't get enough avs'ers to join...of course that would have to be without a password...)

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
i vote for no riff/raff.

·
Registered
632 Posts
i'm in. give me a day and i am there. the DM we played the other night was the most fun i have had with a game in awhile.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I'm in.

·
Banned
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, I've got to map lists set up that include 6 and 9 different maps (Different onfigurations for all of them) that include DM, CTF, TDM and Zones...DM are small areas where we can really do a lot of damage to each other and the zones are larger maps while the CTF and TDM are medium sized maps

THey will be password protected by "AVS" and I can handle 12 players onmy server and need 8 for the game to begin.

We could do this every other week on WW, or every week...or we could set up a weekend night where all the different time zones can be on together

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
sounds good... but i suck immensly at TDM. so maybe i'll just put a big target insignia on my back so the other team can have something to aim at!

·
Registered
942 Posts
I am game. Send me an invite. Just make it a different day than Wednesday. I think that is already reserved for the AVSClan.

·
Banned
4,619 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrigsby /forum/post/13023707

Ok, I've got to map lists set up that include 6 and 9 different maps (Different onfigurations for all of them) that include DM, CTF, TDM and Zones...DM are small areas where we can really do a lot of damage to each other and the zones are larger maps while the CTF and TDM are medium sized maps

THey will be password protected by "AVS" and I can handle 12 players onmy server and need 8 for the game to begin.

We could do this every other week on WW, or every week...or we could set up a weekend night where all the different time zones can be on together

What do you guys think?

I think we should give it test drive tonight (and the next night, and the next night, ...
).

·
Registered
4,591 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgarner /forum/post/13025209

I am game. Send me an invite. Just make it a different day than Wednesday. I think that is already reserved for the AVSClan.

you're already in AVSc... plus i think you're on my friends list. if not, i'l send you a request.

·
Banned
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So, do we want to do a test run tonight...mine or Kekborgs server..I have my maps already programmed in but he can hold more people?

The afterwards, I think I'll trade some paint with Matzira in Burnout - Remember "rubbin's racin"

·
Banned
4,619 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrigsby /forum/post/13026698

So, do we want to do a test run tonight...mine or Kekborgs server..I have my maps already programmed in but he can hold more people?

The afterwards, I think I'll trade some paint with Matzira in Burnout - Remember "rubbin's racin"

I'm game for tonight! I vote we use your server since you have the maps setup already.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I have some welding to finish up before tomorrow, but if all goes well I should be able to play tonight after I am done.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts