AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a sony KV34XBR800. Unfortunately, a window air conditioner fell onto the unit splashing some water into it and ripping the cable f connector off the tv. I took the unit apart and resoldered the cable connector and the tv will power up but I cant change channels- it is stuck on channel two. Also, the remote will not operate the television at all, only the power button on the unit will turn it on or off.

Also, when I do try and change channels, I loose sound for a second as if the channel was actually changing and the green "2" appears at the top right, but the channel never actually changes.

Is this thing beyond repair or is there something I can try ? I hate to throw the unit away as it is in good shape otherwise.

Thanks.

·
Registered
10,501 Posts
Can you switch channels or inputs using the controls on the front panel of the TV?

Maybe you accidently hit a wrong button on the remote, and are trying to operate another device? Make sure the TV/Video and Function controls (Sat/Cable or TV) are correctly selected on the remote to operate the TV.

Link to manual in case you don't have one handy...

http://www.docs.sony.com/release/KV34XBR800.pdf

Instructions on the front panel controls start on page 11.

Instructions on the remote start on page 40.

Instructions on troubleshooting the remote are on page 84.

You may also need to reprogram the channels (if you can get the remote working again).

·
Registered
115 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmosler /forum/post/20871756

I have a sony KV34XBR800. Unfortunately, a window air conditioner fell onto the unit splashing some water into it and ripping the cable f connector off the tv. I took the unit apart and resoldered the cable connector and the tv will power up but I cant change channels- it is stuck on channel two. Also, the remote will not operate the television at all, only the power button on the unit will turn it on or off.

Also, when I do try and change channels, I loose sound for a second as if the channel was actually changing and the green "2" appears at the top right, but the channel never actually changes.

Is this thing beyond repair or is there something I can try ? I hate to throw the unit away as it is in good shape otherwise.

Thanks.

Does the input button work on the TV panel? Switch to another input such as Component. Why use RF, your TV has lot better inputs with a cable box, satellite dish or even a VCR Tuner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.