AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I first noticed by the scrolling ticker at the bottom of the news channels since the 9/11 attacks, and since then I notice it on my letterbox bars on DVD's, but my picture "leans" L-R about 1/4".

I looked http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/usefulinfo/sony/servicemenu_sony.html , but can't seem to find anything that would adjust the tilt of the screen, but I don't really know.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's like the whole image is nudged very slightly from the top-left corner, making the bottom-rightmost part of the "ticker" roll off the edge.

That help?

Or how about if I measure the letterbox bars with a ruler, the left side is 2 5/8", and the right side is 2 5/8".

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Or another way of puttiing it would be.....

The crawling text at the bottom of Fox News Channel, has about of fifth of it cut off at the bottom when it first appears in the bottom right corner of my screen, rises up to a point at the bottom center of the screen where it's fully visible, and sinks again as it reaches the bottom left corner to the point where half of it is cut off at the bottom.

Text in little bars at the bottom of the screen (that stupid ad bar on TNN is another example) is the only thing that calls attention to it, with letterbox bars, it's not noticeable.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. That was a little too obvious for me to actually see in the regular menu.

Now that it's set at -6, everything's lined up perfectly. I can't believe I missed that. The freakin' setup menu is on the screen everytime I watch a DVD in my macro to switch to 16:9 mode.

Duh! And thanks.

-roland

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.