AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi every one .. i have bean away for a while ..and i guess that is why i had to re register ,but that is ok ..well as i can see a lot of the old gang is still around here, i thought it would be a good idea to ask, i am looking into getting back to my true love fp viewing ..so basically i am looking for a dlp. pj that can do 24fps and of coarse the best pic for the price..because i was a proud owner of a optoma h56a pj and now i am looking to get into the bliss that is fp..

so basically it will be paired with either my ps3 or my Panasonic BD55 blu ray and the conditions will be average(normal) to dark lighting for the room and the throw for now will be at 12 ft..and also the screen size will be 80"diagonal ..( but will have a bigger screen later this summer in our new place ..

the pj's i have bean looking at are

benqw20000.

benq w5000

also some of the optoma pjs- i am sure tom might chime in here

and also the InFocus IN83 - but the color wheel speed kind of puts me off a bit , but nice pic ..

so i know i will get great advice here as usual.. so thanks in advance to everybody ..

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
it seems that right now the Sony and JVC Lcos machines as well as the LCDs are the most talked about projectors. Having said that, Marantz and Sim2 make great DLP projectors

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey Daniel... yea i do like those pj's but looking for something more available..because i am located in Toronto..i mean i can get my hands on the pj's but just looking for more of the easier pj's to get a hold on .. if you understand what i am saying ..
, but yeah . i guess i just love the look that comes from the dlp units

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok the benq 5000 is out of the running because it does not do 24fps with my panny bd55 player.. so no more suggestions .. guys

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ohh nothing .. i heard that the bd55.does not do 24fps.with the w5000..mmm.. what are you using as a player ?

ohh i just saw your sig.. you are using a ps3.. well i have one of those to ..but would like to use my panny .. . but that is a nice pic .. it throws ..dam

ps the funny thing is this looks a lot like my set up

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah .. i mean michael tlv.. who i consider a friend told me that the w5000 is picky with some players for what ever reason..so just debating on bringing it back .. i guess..

·
Banned
1,805 Posts
Well, anything will throw well at 80"
The BenQ does do a very good job though. Are there firmware updates available for the BD-55?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LilGator yeh i am sure there will be ..but i have also bean doing more home work and getting some more info.. it think that what i will do is go for the sammy BDP2550... it will have full decoding soon ... so that is great ..so as i have owned optoma pj in the past and also had tested benq pj's i think i am down to w5000 or the 20000.. even though it only has hdmi1.2 or .. just try to get my hands on the new optoma 8200 soon ,, but i know that tom( guitarman) will be all over this pj .and hopefully the 24fps will actually work properly on this new optoma so i think i got things covered for the dlp side..i hope ..lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts