Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all,

looking for suggestions on the best way to pull off weighted mp3 playback with literally thousands of songs. Basically I am looking to add a weight (say between 1 and 5, 5 being the greatest) to all my mp3 files in my library so that when I do a full library playback, I can expect the songs weighted as 5 to play 5 times more often than those weighted as 1. Currently the best option I have is to make a playlist with all my files, then re-add files that I would like to hear more often. This is a quick and dirty solution though, and I am looking for a better way. do any sound playback programs allow for something like this, or is there a playlist creator that can save a basic template and allow for occasional mutation. My biggest reason for this is that when I get a new album ripped I want to listen to it more than what is allready in my library (thus rate it as a 5 in my example), and as I get used to the new music, slowly scale it back to a 1 or 2. Any thoughts on simplifying this process would be fantastic.

Nate

·
Registered
187 Posts
Audion on the Mac does this. I'm not sure about PC players.

This is a feature I'd like to implement in my own software (as well as multi-room audio playback)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.