AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Weinstein Co. has revealed the cover art for their upcoming Blu-ray releases. The Mist and 1408 will both be available on Blu-ray this September 16th.

Via my site www.blu-news.com

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I like the cover art...but are you saying The Mist isn't coming on August 5th?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Black /forum/post/14264275

I like the cover art...but are you saying The Mist isn't coming on August 5th?

I originally posted that release date, then I got word of a delay to September 16th. High-Def Digest and Blu-ray reported the August 5th date after though. I posted the September 16th release date over a month ago, and I had to "check my sources" according to forum users. But yes, the September 16th release date is for both 1408, and The Mist like I posted.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Will buy both.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
Both Cover Arts look awesome. I hope that 1408 contains both cuts.

Lucky Number Slevin -> Terrific movie but no replay value.

Matador -> Fun flick and good replay value.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Very cool, glad they didn't add anything "Look and sound of HD" or tagline in that vein.

Have you heard anything about a Grindhouse release? I know you've got contacts at Weinstein, so I figured you'd be the one to know.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
 http://www.answers.com/topic/grindho...=entertainment

Quote:
Grindhouse Releasing (also referred to as "Grindhouse") is a cult film distribution company started by director/actor Sage Stallone (son of Sylvester Stallone)

Now I realize why Rambo IV was considered the goriest non-horror movie since Saving Private Ryan.

Some fun comments.

http://www.japantoday.com/category/e...-myanmar-junta

Quote:
During his brief visit to Japan, Stallone presented his bow for auction to raise funds for charity, had his palm print placed with other celebrities at Hibiya Chanter and also took a fancy to a massive poster for the movie, showing him blasting away with a huge machine gun. “I wanna take this poster home and show it to any guy thinking of dating my daughter,” he said.

·
Registered
324 Posts
show me backcovers!

·
Registered
4,002 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gubarenko /forum/post/14266211

show me backcovers!

+1

What audio are they using? TrueHD, DTS-HD MA or PCM? They wouldn't dare (re-)release anything with DD+, would they?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by allargon /forum/post/14266568

+1

What audio are they using? TrueHD, DTS-HD MA or PCM? They wouldn't dare (re-)release anything with DD+, would they?

They didn't use DD+ for most HD DVD releases, they used TrueHD. I'm sure the BDs will be the same. They also used AVC for several transfers. Don't let Blu glasses fool you into thinking that every HD DVD was done in VC-1 with DD+, that might be true for most Universal releases, but many Warner, Paramount and TWC HD DVDs utilized lossless audio.

·
Registered
675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofsouth /forum/post/14271864

They didn't use DD+ for most HD DVD releases, they used TrueHD. I'm sure the BDs will be the same. They also used AVC for several transfers. Don't let Blu glasses fool you into thinking that every HD DVD was done in VC-1 with DD+, that might be true for most Universal releases, but many Warner, Paramount and TWC HD DVDs utilized lossless audio.

They are THD

1 - 20 of 22 Posts