AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Front L speaker has stopped working and front R works when I raise the volume a -10 dB (loud) and it start working. Then, I can lower the volume and front R keeps working. Front L however seems to be dead, but once in a blue moon it does start outputting sound, but then it stops.

I've checked the speakers (by switching the front L/R cables with working outputs and the speakers are fine), cables, factory reset the receiver and even opened the receiver to see if a solder has failed, but no luck :(

Ffront center and surround L and R work perfectly, btw.

I do NOT want to buy a new receiver... :| Any suggestions?

·
Registered
235 Posts
It sounds like a dry joint in the circuit somewhere. Specifically where these two channels are affected and common.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Seems to me that Pioneer is no longer building quality components these days. I keep reading about their audio components failing after only a few years. My VSX-521 lasted about three years with very light use and then died. I purchased Pioneer components way back in the 70's and they lasted for decades. I'm going to be buying a new AV receiver one day soon and Pioneer products are no longer being considered due to their lack of reliability.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts