AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a wild shot in the dark here...I have won an auction on an Electrohome ECP-3501 in Denver. I underestimated the difficulty and expense in getting it shipped when I can't be there to pick it up. I'd like to know if there is anyone in the Denver area that would be willing for a reasonable fee to pick this PJ up from the place of auction, strap it to a pallet and deliver it to a shipping depot in Denver where I would have shipping pre-arranged. It would need to be p/u during normal business hours within ten days.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
If the auction people will strap it to a pallet, you could get freightquote.com to pick it up from the site and ship it.

You might want to re-phrase the title of the thread so people living in Denver are likely to read it.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
You can get pallets for free from behind many Home Depot stores. Around here anyway, they leave them out for anyone who wants them. I'd recommend putting a piece of styrofoam down on the pallet first, then strap the pj down, then bubble wrap, then turn a big box over on top of it. I'm kind of shocked the seller won't even do that basic amount of shipping prep !?

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Just had another thought, likely too expensive, but pretty simple. Buy a road case for it from avforsale off ebay, have the road case sent to the pj's location, they can put the pj in, and put it right back on the truck, freight collect ! I'm about 90% sure avforsale has an ECP road case for sale right now. I sent a road case for a pj once and it worked out really well and only cost me the $50. shipping (plus the return shipping of course).

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks GN that seems to make the most sense. The auction people don't want to mess with anything regarding shipping, so I'm pretty much on my own. I tried a couple full service shipping companies, but they are insane...quoted up to 700 dollars.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
I had a 1030 shipped from the east to the west coast, cost $100 fedex ground, but then it was a smaller unit (65lbs) and was in a road case.

- Rick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.