AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dead Philips had this thing, and I was never able to figure out what it was. It was this odd flashing or flickering that would happen in certain areas, usually when something had a lot of white and high detail. The skyscrapers in The Dark Knight are a prime example, first shot of the movie, that push-in. This was happening on the BD at 1080p/60hz via HDMI. I thought it might be some kind of weird problem with my TV, but then I noticed it on my friend's Sony KDL-46S5100. He was using a PS3 at 1080p/60hz via HDMI, as well.

Not a huge deal, but I am just curious as to what this is. A defect in HD programming? A defect in the PS3? Something to do with the TV itself? I have been secretly hoping it was caused by the 60hz (even though this should be displaying at 24p since it's 70mm film, right?) and that a 120hz set would fix it, but I have a feeling that is wishful thinking, hah. Like I said, it's not something that pierces my soul, but I'd rather live without it if possible. Or at least, find out what's causing it and what the industry term for it might be. Ideas?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.