AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping someone can help wiht this problem i'm getting.

So i'm slowly putting my athena 5.1 system together . I just rec'd my center channel in today. I currently have the 1.2 asf towers. I installed my new center speaker and did a automaic speaker adjustment using my Onyko TXSR604. After it finish, i thought i try out the setup wiht my ps3. once i got in the menu, i started hearing this humming sound. It was quite loud and i only had the volume at 50-60 (max99)

i notice it when i played blu ray disc as well. I checked my speaker settings and my tower and center channel are at full mode (other options 200mhz, 180, 160 etc)

I started playign around with the config and when i change the option - subwoofer to yes (it was at no), the humming noise kind of went away. I push the voulme to 85 and it was still there. This is all new to me so i apologize if use some wrong terms. can anybody suggest what i can do to eliminate this annoying humming noise.

Btw, this is the first time i did the automic speaker config. when i had the two towers only, there was no humming noise coming from my ps3.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Mac,

It sounds like you have a ground loop problem. Do a quick search for Ground Loop and you will see a lot of fixes. I found that most ground loops come in through the cable tv wire, that is what mine did. Try disconnecting one if you have it see if the hum goes away. If it does, that is what you had and it is the cable line. They make ground loop isolators that can help, I ran my cable through my power conditioner and it worked. Good luck.

Steel

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.