AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day my JVC DR-M10 recorder suddenly "locked out" all attempts to turn the timer on or change channels. From the remote, I have pressed the timer button countless times and also the channel up/down and the direct channel numbers - but nothing will turn the timer on or change the channel. I can add and change timer settings but I can't cancel any. All other functions on the recorder seem to work as normal. Can still record without the timer but now it's "locked" on channel 2. Anyone have any idea what would "lock up" only the timer and channel changing, yet leave all the other functions working normally? I have changed the batteries on the remote, so it isn't that. I now have resorted to unplugging the machine and I'm hoping everything corrects itself. Now I have to figure out how long the machine needs to be unplugged for all the settings to be erased from memory. I know 24 hours is not enough.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Have you tried calling JVC Technical support? Anything in the manual about resetting the unit?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I haven't called Technical Support yet, but I will if this problem persists when I plug it back in.

The only thing the manual says about resetting is on page 105 where it says if there is a malfunction on the unit, to turn it off, then turn it on again holding down the STOP button for 2 seconds. Tried it - doesn't help.

So does anybody know how many hours this unit needs to be unplugged before all settings are erased from memory?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.