AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Model TV: Samsung PN50B650

Alright so far I've been running all my video gaming with the Game Mode feature set on. Well my brother was playing MLB 09 and was saying that it seems like there's lag, and he has to hit X to swing earlier than normal - something he mentioned while he was playing Grid [a racing game] except that he said he seemed to have to turn earlier for the car to respond an turn around the corners correctly. So I thought it might be the Game Mode so I told him to go to batting practice an take a few hacks then I was going to shut Game Mode off, went to the setup and noticed that Game Mode was off [no idea how it got turned off] so I flipped it back on and what do you know - now he's early with the swings because he's used to the lag. Is this normal though? I didn't thing Game Mode had anything to do with input lag but apparently there's quite a bit of lag with it off on my set.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So then with online games this is pretty critical to have on since it can decipher a win/death, referring to a shooter. It says that 'you may see reduced picture quality' but to me it looks a tad better - although some games seem to have an over-exagurated color, but then maybe that's how the game was meant to be and I've just been playing them with an under-exagurated color.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Do you have Guitar Hero, Rock Band, or a CRT monitor to do any input lag test on, Dizzy? Lots of people here would be very thankful! Also, what happens with blacks and shadow detail when you go into game mode on the Samsung? Does it get harder to see in dark areas or easier?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
with the movie mode on Samsungs it only allows you to use the Standard picture settings. you can't use movie/warm2. i don't use game mode on my 560 and have never had a problem playing any game on it yet. it seems very responsive to me. i have never noticed any noticeable lag, and my last tv was a crt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts