AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I've had a Marantz SR7102 for some time now, the package initially came with bad network card... had to get that fixed. So recently, all of a sudden when surround left/right, back left right need to play, they all go out the front.

It just randomly happened. No setting changed, or anything. I did a factory reset, still no luck. My kids often have the remote (yes I know better), and possibly a setting was changed. However, I thought a factory reset, going through the Audyssey setup would have resolved it.

Any thoughts, or something I should be looking at?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Yep, have them connected. I can go and to the generic test within the setup, and the white noise comes from the desired output.
So the Audyssey "chirps" and the test tone white noise play on the appropriate speakers? Then you need to be looking at your source's settings.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the Audyssey "chirps" and the test tone white noise play on the appropriate speakers? Then you need to be looking at your source's settings.
Yes, the Audyssey chirps, and the white noise tone test works as well. I have a 4k HDR 82 inch TV, and Nvidia Shield. Is there some setting that I'm missing? There is no option for Atmos, just DTS, DTS+NX, and usual 2d/virtual modes. I'd think the DTS or DTS+NX would do it? I mean the info diagram shows all speakers as active, including the height speakers.

Think I'm missing something? Has there every been a "bad" chip before? Just curious what I could test and verify that others on this forum use for testing?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Yes, the Audyssey chirps, and the white noise tone test works as well. I have a 4k HDR 82 inch TV, and Nvidia Shield. Is there some setting that I'm missing? There is no option for Atmos, just DTS, DTS+NX, and usual 2d/virtual modes. I'd think the DTS or DTS+NX would do it? I mean the info diagram shows all speakers as active, including the height speakers.

Think I'm missing something? Has there every been a "bad" chip before? Just curious what I could test and verify that others on this forum use for testing?
I don't have a Shield so I don't know what settings you would look for on that. You might get more reaction/suggestions in the 2017 Marantz thread though: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/2849298-official-marantz-2017-nr1508-1608-sr5012-6012-7012-owner-s-thread.html

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
12,361 Posts
Ok thanks! I'll give it a whirl. Is there a source of audio that is easily playable from the internet to test?
Are you using HDMI interconnects? Are the sources connected to the TV and sent to the receiver via ARC, or to the receiver directly?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts