AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a strange issue. I have 2 Toshiba 55tl515 55" led 3d tvs.. Two Directv receivers, monoprice hdmi baluns. Both cat 6 runs are approx the same length (about 110ft) but take different paths. Both tvs are identical and have same sw version.. One has hd signal and 3d, the other has hd but no 3d. I get a message "content cannot be viewed because no 3d tv is detected." Any ideas?

I have tried:

1. Replaced hdmi baluns (sender and receiver)

2. Checked pinout on cat6 with tester

3. Replaced hdmi cables on both ends

4. Reset tv and box.

5. Swapped receivers (both work on tv 1, not tv2)

6. Swapped tvs.. (Both work in location 1, not location 2)

7. Ran new cat 6 on the ground, tested pinouts, no change..

·
Registered
569 Posts
Hi. Strange HDMI problem that defies logic - we have all been there. CAT6 cables and termination are probably your issue. I use Monoprice CAT6 throughout my home for ethernet, etc and it is one difficult product to work with.

That said, I don't think any of the current Monoprice HDMI baluns are supposed to pass 3D. You can sometimes get away with DirectTV 3D on 1.3 compatible devices, but DVD based 3D is a harder nut from what I've read. You might try a 3D DVD player over the "working" cable as a test.

If you have the 8200 or 8201 Monoprice wallplate style baluns, you might also try powering one side or the other with a 5V power supply (try the TV side first according to one review).

Good luck. I had bought a set of 8200 HDMI wallplates and was looking forward to trying them when I buy a 3D Compatible TV. Right now i use Monoprice thick HDMI cables for a 50 and 75 foot run which work well for non 3D on my HR21's, but I don't hold out much hope for 3D on those older cables.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the input.. i know people on here said those baluns will not do 3d, but no matter what i do the other location will always work flawlessly.. i just saw one of those hdmi power boosters so i will have to try that.. i will post what happens..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.