AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been getting some strange and rather annoying issues when connecting my PC to the TV using HDMI. My TV is the Samsung HLP6163W, and the video card is a Radeon 9800. It's connected via a DVI to HDMI cable.

Here's the problem I've been having: If my TV is set to HDMI input, and I turn it on when my PC is already on, the screen just sits there blank. The only way to get it to show is to switch to a different input, and then switch back to HDMI. The same thing happens when the PC output changes resolution (such as when I start World of Warcraft). The screen goes blank and I have to cycle through the inputs to get it back.

Also, when this happens, and I switch from HDMI to cable input, the TV's tint is really weird for several seconds. Not sure that's good for it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
If the set is LCD, then there is no risk of driving any analog circuitry out of spec -- any color it displays is equally good for it. If it's something else, the color may or may not be an indication of a problem. In general, TVs aren't necessarily designed to be as flexible about changing sync as computer monitors, so you may just be seeing a "working as designed" "feature."

That being said, it doesn't hurt to check your dealer for a firmware upgrade for your TV. Perhaps it's been fixed. But don't bet on it.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
That depends on the brand of the TV, and what kind of connectors it has on the back. Often, you have to bring it to a store.

You can also try upgrading the drivers for your Radeon graphics card, in case the problem really is on that end. If you haven't already, download the latest Catalyst driver from http://www.ati.com/ and install.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.